All reviews towel animals stayed here waffles mayo clinic great place to stay usa today continental breakfast is refrigerator and microwave every hour comfortable bed other hotels workout room highly recommend this hotel visiting rochester staff was very friendly and helpful free shuttle clean rooms
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We stayed here for several nights and were very impressed with the friendliness of the management and staff. The special touches in the room were fun to find. Nice Hot Breakfast, very comfortable bed and close to everything. Will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RSTRI, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thank you Deborah for the great review and terrific comments - we look forward to serving you again if your travel brings you here.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 26, 2018

There's a long story behind this booking but the bottom-line is that this Econo Lodge does NOT provide any documented (email, text, or anything else) confirmation of a booking. And then, when subsequently trying to discuss the problem by phone, an Econo Lodge employee DELIBERATELY hung up the phone, rather than listening to the caller.

Traveling alone on a weekend for significant medical services (when Mayo Clinic Concierge Services, which had helped with the booking, are not open), I discovered when en route that I did not know into which hotel/motel I was booked in Rochester -- because there was no confirmation of the booking in my email (and I could not get help from the Mayo Clinic's list of accommodations, as its Concierge Services were closed on a Saturday). From transit in Chicago O'Hare, I started phoning hotels and motels in Rochester, asking each one sequentially if it had a reservation for me. But there are 52 hotels in Rochester and none of the dozens that I had phoned before I had to board the final flight into Rochester had a reservation for me.
Had I been able to find where I was due to stay, I would have stayed at the Econo Lodge; equally, not knowing where the booking was made (for not having received a confirmation of the booking), I couldn't cancel it. It was only when charges from the Econo Lodge appeared on my credit card that I had the evidence of where the booking had been made. Then, when I called to explain what had happened, the Econo Lodge employee (a woman) who answered the phone didn't care to hear what happened and promptly hung up the phone.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AnnieHD8529
RSTRI, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear Annie,

We are sorry that you did not keep track of the Hotel you booked your reservation at as we offer a confirmation number on every reservation and are always happy to provide this number over the phone or via email. We noticed that in your profile we did not have an email from you. It is standard procedure in all Hotels that they charge the guest for one night when they do not call to cancel. I was witness to the phone call you made to my staff and when you continued to scream at her and not let her speak and try to help she had
no choice but to hang up the phone rather than continue to be berated. Your room could have been sold to another customer had you just called and cancelled however your room was held under your name until 7am the next morning.

We are also sorry that your recourse was to do this review.

Regards

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Very Nice Hotel, Nice Outdoor Pool & Outdoor Hot tub, Nice Hot Breakfast. This is where I always stay when I come to Fort Collins. The hair blower quit working & they came immediately & replaced it. They also have a Hot tub & sauce & exercise room indoors. They now have Huge Pool Towels at the Pool.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Linda C

Hi Linda,

I hope the folks in Fort Collins get this review sent to them by Trip Advisor as we are Rochester Minnesota - Great Review !

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 22, 2018

A medical visit to Mayo led to a 2 week stay at this hotel. The manager and entire staff were more than accommodating to my daughter, son-in-law and me as we went through the Mayo medical experience. The rooms have comfortable beds and pillows along with microwave and fridge, which is helpful for a long stay. The housekeeping staff are very friendly and helped keep us settled in during our stay. All the front desk staff were able to answer any questions we had and even provide change for the washer and dryer. The lobby is a comfortable and attractive area for relaxing and we were able to enjoy the outdoor area as well. USA Today and the local paper are available every morning free of charge. This hotel is on Broadway and an easy drive into the downtown area, but we utilized the door to door delivery of the shuttle to the clinic and the hospital, which saved the cost and time of the parking ramps for entire long days. The shuttle drivers are the best - Dave especially knows how to lighten the mood in the stressful morning ride! The breakfast offers a wide variety of hot and cold foods which we enjoyed every day of our stay. Over the weekend we had the chance to visit with some families/groups in town for USA Olympic Wrestling Trials and they expressed appreciation for the hospitality of this great hotel. We will stay here again and will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family traveling to Rochester MN.

Date of stay: May 2018
RSTRI, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Hello Kris,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review ! We know that you are here for some very serious issues and we
always work hard to make sure that your Hotel stay is comfortable, clean and quiet. We do look forward to seeing you again
when you make your trip back this way and I have passed on the great review to all the staff.

God Bless

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this place and would stay here again. We stayed at econolodge after the hotel we booked canceled our reservation due to a “medical emergency” and rebooked us at econolodge. We were also in town for appts at Mayo Clinic and were surprised they could do that to us when we had a guaranteed reservation for that night. After a long day at Mayo Clinic we went to econolodge and were extremely upset to see the original hotel had reserved a room econolodge with only 1 bed when our original reservation was for 2 beds. Thankfully Scott at the front desk made it right and got a room for us with 2 beds. We greatly appreciated his assistance. The room was clean and updated. Bathroom was clean and had a cute towel elephant like they make at resorts in Mexico. The hotel was quiet. The breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, toast, muffins, yogurt and fruit - something for everyone. Parking is free and ample. It’s a quick easy drive to Mayo Clinic. I think there is also a shuttle if you prefer. Close to restaurants and Walmart, Kohl’s if you forgot to pack something. Also a small 24 hour workout room if you want to do some cardio while you’re there.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RSTRI, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Hello Heather,

Thank you so much for the excellent review - I will be sure to pass on the great comments to all my staff and
for sure Scott. We pride ourselves in taking the very best care of you, our guest. We hope that everything went well
for you at the Mayo Clinic and that if your travel brings you back our way that we can serve you again.

All the best and God Bless