“Very disappointed!!!”
Review of Prescotts

Prescotts
Reserve with OpenTable
Prescotts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 323 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had two different experiences - his was very good, mine not so much. I ordered the pork chop special and my chop was so tough I couldn’t cut it. Spoke with our server and she blamed the knife, she got me another steak knife, still barely able to saw thru it. Her suggestion, she would cut it up for me. REALLY. I refused that suggestion. The hostess/manager came over and I explained the situation. She apologized the knives were dull. Not at any time was I asked if I wanted something else nor did they offer to make it right. No offer of anything!! I asked them to just box it up. When I got home I had my husband try to cut it with our very sharp steak knives, guess what, he had trouble! Good flavor once he got a piece cut off.
This was our fourth visit to Prescott’s, never that impressed, but great bread and wine! But please note, you pay for the bread basket, it’s not included in the meal.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the strip mall location fool you. This the best restaurant in Rochester. Everything is fresh, farm to table. The Mongolian style lamb chops were perfectly prepared, flavorful and a great cut of meat The daily special pork schnitzel was as good as that served in Berlin. Our server Becky was pleasant, efficient and made the dinner complete with great Minnesota hospitality. Don’t forget to check out the in house made desserts.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy Prescott’s. I hate to admit I always order the duck breast. Always perfect. My wife usually gets the beef filet which I get a sample. We get a bread basket as the bread is made on site. There is a wine list, 30 wines for $30. A very good variety and if you can’t decide Jen will guide you. Service is always good.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I say it never disappoints, because here the owners and staff work hard at providing a very pleasurable experience. Not a large place and lacking in a unique layout design...it is after all in a strip mall in a re-purposed building. Credit is given though for creating a very friendly personable vibe and atmosphere. We dined on a Saturday early evening without a reservation. Actually, I called in- and they said to arrive before 6:30 pm (it was 5:30) or we would have a long wait for a table. Indeed, we arrived at 5:45 pm with plenty of tables open, but all the tables were taken by 6:45. We started with a bottle of wine from their 30 for $30 list. We selected a very fine Tempranillo from Spain. Next we ordered their bread basket ($4) which was filled with four delicious types of home baked bread. My wife had one of the blackboard specials - Barrimundi (an Asian Sea Bass) with a garden salad. I had the Mongolian Lamb with garlic - vegetable rice and a cup of corn chowder. All their preparation and pairing of flavors is marvelous here. The lamb was perfect at medium cooked - though the chef recommends medium-rare. The barrimundi was claimed to be spicy but really very mild. Our server Becky B. was excellent as well. We finished our meal with a slice of Turtle Cake. Superb evening out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

This small restaurant in Rochester offers a very nice meal with good serving sizes and excellent food. The house salad is plenty, the entree and sides are plenty, and the ice cream is handmade at the restaurant.

Sadly, they have moved from free bread on the tables to paying for the basket of bread. At the prices that they charge for the main dishes the bread ought to be offered for free.

The meals are plenty, but they are over-priced when you include the atmosphere and the whole restaurant. There is no lobby so if you have to wait for a table you have to stand by the cold outside temps.

This resistant is very good, a nice place for a good meal and drinks, but it is a $$$ priced eatery.

Our waitress was wonderful and one couple who shared a main dish was nicely served the full meal on two separate plates. A VERY nice consideration.

Date of visit: September 2018