“Great fillets ”
Review of Axels Restaurant

Axels Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Axels Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning regionally favorite restaurant is the perfect compliment to the Radisson Hotel Roseville. Axel's Charhouse features American favorites; fresh seafood, steaks and pasta are a few of the specialties, for the wine connoisseur Axel's has a world class wine selection. There are over 150 labels to choose from; guests will be sure to find an old favorite or a new one. Experience genuine hospitality; choose to dine indoors in a warm casual environment, or try the outdoor courtyard.
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Classic steakhouse, the waitstaff was spot on. The atmosphere was quiet, comfortable. I had the fillet with salad and potato. The fillet was perfect, cooked just right and tasty. They also serve popovers with honey butter. Good food, worth the price.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I had one of the best meals I have had in years at Axel's in Roseville on Sunday, August 19. Kathy, our server, brought us warm popovers while we were looking at the menu. It really was hard to choose between the fish choices and steaks. I had the parmesan encrusted white fish with asparagus and the fish was cooked to perfection. My dinner partner had the walleye since she had never been to Minnesota before and wanted to try the most famous MN food. She is sold on walleye! The service was exceptional and we really enjoyed the decor. I highly recommend Axel's if you are in the Twin Cities.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

As I began to write this, I noticed another headline stating that the breakfast is not great here, claiming the menu is limited. If one considers their menu limited, then trust it's because they make everything to perfection. They boast the best steak & egg plate I've seen (sorry Downtowner, St. Paul - it was close). This is a hotel restaurant, so the lighting is kind of bright, otherwise it's a cozy space.

The service was a bit confusing, as my wife and I were served & checked on by 3 different individuals, but we were never really left wanting anything we didn't have.

Honestly, the steak & eggs alone is what pushed me from a 4 to 5 star rating. Try it!

...and please don't change it! :)

Reviewed August 7, 2018

They have a nice option to order food a la carte, which helped me keep my calories in check. I had the twin lobster tails and a side of wild mushrooms. Very good food. Service just a touch below that of the original Axels in Mendota Heights, which is the location we prefer - because of their great customer service and their fantastic Cajun chicken soup on Tuesdays. The outside seating area looks very comfy. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We were here for a family gathering. Living out of state, times with all our children and their spouses is treasured. Thankfully, on a Sunday evening, the place was not crowded or noisy. We had a good opportunity to catch up with each other despite being at a large table. Our waitress was especially warm and welcoming, seeing to our every need without being intrusive. Our food came quickly and was served hot. The steaks were tender and juicy. Popovers came with our meal & they were light and airy.

Been to Axels Restaurant? Share your experiences!