“Great place to go for lunch”
Review of Willowgate - CLOSED

Willowgate
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a great little local place to go for lunch, the service is basic but the staff are very friendly and will remember you. The food is great and incredibly affordable. They have a lunch special of an entree, fried rice, soup or salad, and cream cheese wontons or an egg roll, all for under $8. They branched out into Thai food a few years ago and just recently into Vietnamese food, but the original Chinese food is still the best. Sadly they don't have delivery, but you can do pick up pretty easily for lunches or dinners.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

This food is awful. I wanted to trust those that had had good experiences but I ended up realizing I should have trusted the bad reviews. The floor is incredibly sticky from the moment you walk in and from there it got worse; the food had no flavor, the grease they used for wontons was stale in taste. So stale I didn't eat them and I rarely pass up a cream cheese wonton! There is a young boy about three or four years old that should be somewhere playing vs. spending all day in a restaurant. The owners let him help serve, bringing water glasses, menus. I am a mom and love kids, but I did not find this enduring, I instead wondered when was the last time he had washed his hands as he is handing me a glass and menu. He's a little boy! The entire experience left me hungry and with a queasy stomach the rest of the afternoon.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

I went in to place a "to-go" order. While waiting I heard a small child crying. He came out of the bathroom and it was obvious he was the child of the owners as he had a table full of toys. He cried all the way to the table then sat down and busied himself. A few minutes later the mom came to get him, brought him to the back of the restaurant (kitchen maybe) and I heard the little boy just screaming. He came out and was running through the restaurant crying while people are trying to eat lunch. The mother was over at the register laughing at him. She looked at me and laughed and when two guys at the register commented about the child not being happy, she laughed at them too. What a horrible way to run a restaurant. I brought the food back to my office and it is horrific. The Pad Thai is sickening sweet, no vegetables in it and it's served with rice. Seriously? Won't go back. Tempted to call CPS.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

Very good high quality food, quiet dining atmosphere, white linen table clothes. It is one of my favorite places for Asian food.

Reviewed February 25, 2016

The best place in MN for Chinese and Thai and the best part is it is reasonably priced and excellent service !!!