“Good Home Cooked Food”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Key's restaurant is a good place to stop, if you're looking for a lot of home cooked food, without having to dress up. We stop there for their Chocolate Chip Pancakes from time to time. They are great. As with any restaurant, you have to watch what is going on. The last time we had their CC pancakes, we ordered them to go. One order of regular pancakes, and one single CC pancake for me. By the time I realized that the CC pancake was mixed in with the regular pancake order, it was too late, someone else was eating my CC Pancake. Didn't see that coming.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

My wife and I (along with our daughter) went for dinner here the other night. I'll keep this review short and to the point (even in point form, which I usually eschew):
1.We ordered various burgers, sandwiches, and salads, along with a soup, onion rings, and a coconut cream dessert. They were all nearly tasteless.
2. The food was reasonably priced, though hardly inexpensive.
3. The place had a a bit too tired and worn an atmosphere. Not shabby chic, just shabby.
4. Service was poor; we waited 20 minutes for our bill. In fact we had to ask for it.
We won't be returning.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I have dined at Keys Restaurants in Minneapolis and Forest Lake, MN several times. I have taken many friends and family there with the intention of showing them a great atmosphere and even better home cooked meal. You can’t find a better meal for the price paid. Service has always been great. The dessert counter will catch your eye as you walk in the door. Go ahead, see for yourself!

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

They had an extensive menu. There food portions are offered in two different choices. The larger portion or you can get a smaller portion plate, which for me is plenty of food. They have a great staff I recommend their turkey dinner. I like there dressing. It is fresh food not prepared ahead meals.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Food is excellent, just like home cooking, fast service and most importantly always hot. Good for families as the atmosphere is great, lots of seating for larger groups and the prices are very reasonable.

Been to Keys? Share your experiences!