“Great Food. Lots of selection on menu”
Review of Jules' Bistro

Jules' Bistro
Ranked #9 of 176 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Description: Known for our made-from-scratch flatbread pizzas, soups and chilis, Jules' Bistro offers cleverly delicious menu items, a warm atmosphere and incredible local art. - Locally-Grown Ingredients - Artisanal Breads - Homemade Sauces, Soups, Chilis, Pizzas and More - Extensive Beer and Wine Menu with Intriguing and Hard-to-Find Selections - Local Artwork
Reviewed October 4, 2018

There is an extensive menu and the food was great! I had the portobello rueben- wonderful! Others in my group had pizza and said it was great too.

Accustics need some help. The room is too noisy. Maybe some foam placed on the high ceiling or the upper part of the wall. Very hard to converse with others.

DonellaW6, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thanks for stopping in and sharing about your experience. We’re glad you enjoyed your food. We care very much about what we do, and it’s gratifying to know it shows! The avocado portobello Reuben is one of our most popular sandwiches. And we hand-roll our pizza crusts daily.

We love this beautiful old historic building we call home. The noise level varies depending on the time of day and the personalities of the guests in the seats. We have experienced rapid growth in the past year and our focus has been on completing the expansion. But we have started to explore some ways to manipulate the acoustics of the spaces without destroying the charm of the high ceilings.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in when traveling through. Full house so we sat at the front counter. The employees are wonderful, friendly and offer suggestions.
We had an appetizer, 2 different wraps and a slice of cake.
Most was good, brisket wrap was the star. The cake, which was a lemon coconut with white frosting. That was the let down, dry and very little flavor.
Service A+
Food B

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for stopping in! My staff and I care very much about what we do, so it means a great deal to us when we can do it for people who appreciate it. The lemon coconut cake you mentioned is denser and drier than other cakes in our bakery case (it reminds me of a pound cake), but it sells well and is a favorite for many. My staff are empowered to make every guest's experience exceptional. If something is not to your liking, please do tell us while you're here so that we can offer you an alternative that you will love.

Thanks again for stopping in. I'm bummed that I missed you. I'm a North Dakota girl, and it would have been fun to chat with people from home.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We were looking for a place in downtown St. Cloud where we could grab a bite to eat and visit for an extended period of time without feeling that the restaurant was eager to "turn" our table. We found it at Jules' Bistro.

The new owner set the tone by welcoming us to her place, shared her plans for enlarging the place and, after letting her know that we were part of a family reunion, offered to let us stay and visit for as long as we wanted. Very gracious.

Not surprisingly, her waitstaff was also warm and inviting, and the food was superb. The lemonade was fresh and refreshing. The panini's are made with homemade chips and bread. The steak chili was hearty.

We've now found our go-to place to eat when in St. Cloud.

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for the very kind words. We so appreciated your family's visit and banter -- it was a bright spot in our afternoon! We're especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and felt comfortable hanging out here. That's exactly the kind of space we seek to create.

Thanks too for the suggestion -- I've already reached out to Cry Baby Craig's, and Craig is sending a sample of his hot sauce for us to try. We're grateful anytime a guest shares ideas for how we can do even better.

We're looking forward to seeing you next time...and just maybe we'll have the hot sauce you love. ;-)

Reviewed July 12, 2018

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. It is a cute place right downtown with a friendly feel and pleasant waitstaff. It is small and when we arrived there weren't too many people there yet, although the noise was loud. It's not something they are doing, it is just the acoustics of the place are horrible, wood floor, hard walls, nothing to absorb sound. By the time we were eating it was absolutely deafening. The waitstaff should get hazardous pay. My wife had a beef wrap that was delicious, tasty, and a nice size served with homemade potato chips, and I had a Rachel panini which is a reuben but with turkey. It was tasty and a nice size, not filled with sauerkraut, but enough. The menu looked interesting and we'd love to come back and try more items, but the noise will keep us away.

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you so much for stopping in! We're glad you enjoyed the food and the menu. I remember you, and your comments make me smile because you're right -- we had a particularly "rowdy" professional crowd that day, and it was loud. I promise you it's not always like that during the lunch hour. Recently, a story about our dill pickle soup ran on the front page of the St. Cloud Times, and we've been quite a bit busier than normal. If not for lunch, then please consider coming back and visiting us for breakfast. Our breakfast wrap and breakfast pitza are pretty amazing. We open at 7:30 am, Monday-Saturday. Or come for dinner -- evenings are a bit quieter and you can try our date night special (appetizer, pizza and bottle of wine).

We are in the process of expanding into the space next door. That should be done in August. We will double out capacity, and the extra space should allow you to find a quieter corner, even if it's busy.

Thanks again. I enjoyed meeting you!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

During our stay in St Cloud, we definitely enjoyed some excellent pub/bar & grill type meals. But Jules Bistro was a nice departure from that venue - it’s a little bit further down St Germain from the other restaurants, and much more of a quiet, low-key vibe. The flatbread pizzas were delicious, and the service could not have been better. Highest marks, I highly recommend!!

1  Thank Anne S
Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thank you so much, Anne! We’re oh-so grateful you dropped by and took the time to share about it. We put a lot of love into everything we do but especially our flatbread pizza crusts, which we make from scratch and hand roll every day. We hope to see you again next time your in town! Safe travels.