“Best in St Cloud”
Review of Jules' Bistro

Jules' Bistro
Ranked #9 of 176 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Description: Known for our made-from-scratch flatbread pizzas, soups and chilis, Jules' Bistro offers cleverly delicious menu items, a warm atmosphere and incredible local art. - Locally-Grown Ingredients - Artisanal Breads - Homemade Sauces, Soups, Chilis, Pizzas and More - Extensive Beer and Wine Menu with Intriguing and Hard-to-Find Selections - Local Artwork
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel all over the US from San Antonio TX; twice a year to St Cloud to visit family and friends.

I stop at coffee shops all over the country always making a point to support local. It's always best. Been coming to Jules for the past five years. I heard about the expansion this year; very impressed. Hard to describe the decor other then warm and inviting.

I happen to come in on Thursday evening to live music. The high ceilings are perfect accoustically. Not overwhelming as in some venues.

Good customer service is hard to come by these days. When you stop in you will always be greeted with a welcoming smile. Something other businesses should emulate.

If in St Cloud, a must stop for great food, coffee and warm atmosphere.

I highly recommend

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello!

Thank you for making Jules' home base while you're in St. Cloud! We love this big old building with it's high ceilings and idiosyncrasies -- we're glad you appreciate it too. My staff care very much about all of our customers. I'm happy to hear you feel it. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hubby and I ate at Jules Bistro on a Monday evening. We were seated in the new side. This room has very high ceilings which makes the accoustics awful. It was very hard to hear conversations. Also there was a woman singing accompanied by a fellow on guitar that added to the noise. The walls are painted a very dark color so the room feels very cold. I'm hoping they can figure out some way to warm up the space.

We tried the goat cheese appetizer which hubby loved. Their pizza is also very good. Hubby ordered a beer that came in a glass that wasn't full. He was surprised but the waitress explained that she poured his bottle of beer in the glass and that was as full as it would get. For esthetics it would be better to bring the bottle and glass and let the customer pour it over or maybe serve it in a smaller glass.

We are used to eating on the "old" side which is very cozy and friendly feeling. This room has art work on the walls by local artists. This space is fun and eclectic. We will come back if we can eat on this side.

DonellaW6, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello!

Thank you for attending the event on Monday night, where we provided free samples of our food and gave Cooper Connection residents a peek at our new expansion. Although I didn't get the chance to meet you personally, my staff remember chatting with you.

I am so very glad that you enjoyed the food! We make everything here from scratch, including our flatbread pizzas, which we hand roll every day.

As I mentioned when I spoke to your group, we have a good many plans in progress for Jules', including an art hanging system for both the existing and expansion sides so that we can better spotlight the work of local artists. Inspiring all forms of creativity -- whether that be cuisine, painting or music -- is our mission at Jules', which is why Matt (N2 Publishing) and I thought it would be fun to bring in local musicians to play for your group.

Pouring cans and bottles of beer is not standard practice for my serving staff. But we had a fabulous turnout for the event, the food was hot and ready, and Katlyn wanted to serve you all beverages as quickly as possible. Pouring your husband's beverage made it possible for her to leave the bottle behind and carry your beverage too.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

There is an extensive menu and the food was great! I had the portobello rueben- wonderful! Others in my group had pizza and said it was great too.

Accustics need some help. The room is too noisy. Maybe some foam placed on the high ceiling or the upper part of the wall. Very hard to converse with others.

DonellaW6, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thanks for stopping in and sharing about your experience. We’re glad you enjoyed your food. We care very much about what we do, and it’s gratifying to know it shows! The avocado portobello Reuben is one of our most popular sandwiches. And we hand-roll our pizza crusts daily.

We love this beautiful old historic building we call home. The noise level varies depending on the time of day and the personalities of the guests in the seats. We have experienced rapid growth in the past year and our focus has been on completing the expansion. But we have started to explore some ways to manipulate the acoustics of the spaces without destroying the charm of the high ceilings.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in when traveling through. Full house so we sat at the front counter. The employees are wonderful, friendly and offer suggestions.
We had an appetizer, 2 different wraps and a slice of cake.
Most was good, brisket wrap was the star. The cake, which was a lemon coconut with white frosting. That was the let down, dry and very little flavor.
Service A+
Food B

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for stopping in! My staff and I care very much about what we do, so it means a great deal to us when we can do it for people who appreciate it. The lemon coconut cake you mentioned is denser and drier than other cakes in our bakery case (it reminds me of a pound cake), but it sells well and is a favorite for many. My staff are empowered to make every guest's experience exceptional. If something is not to your liking, please do tell us while you're here so that we can offer you an alternative that you will love.

Thanks again for stopping in. I'm bummed that I missed you. I'm a North Dakota girl, and it would have been fun to chat with people from home.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We were looking for a place in downtown St. Cloud where we could grab a bite to eat and visit for an extended period of time without feeling that the restaurant was eager to "turn" our table. We found it at Jules' Bistro.

The new owner set the tone by welcoming us to her place, shared her plans for enlarging the place and, after letting her know that we were part of a family reunion, offered to let us stay and visit for as long as we wanted. Very gracious.

Not surprisingly, her waitstaff was also warm and inviting, and the food was superb. The lemonade was fresh and refreshing. The panini's are made with homemade chips and bread. The steak chili was hearty.

We've now found our go-to place to eat when in St. Cloud.

Donella W, Owner at Jules' Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for the very kind words. We so appreciated your family's visit and banter -- it was a bright spot in our afternoon! We're especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and felt comfortable hanging out here. That's exactly the kind of space we seek to create.

Thanks too for the suggestion -- I've already reached out to Cry Baby Craig's, and Craig is sending a sample of his hot sauce for us to try. We're grateful anytime a guest shares ideas for how we can do even better.

We're looking forward to seeing you next time...and just maybe we'll have the hot sauce you love. ;-)