“Basic but nice accommodations”

Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Sacramento
“Basic but nice accommodations”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Would I stay here again?... Yes, but not at book rate. The staff was friendly and prompt. The room was nice and comfortable. The public areas needed a bit of TLC. Elevators and hallways could be cleaned with alittle more attention to detail. This hotel is rated at 2.5 stars which I feel is accurate. I spent two nights here, on Wednesday then the following Friday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I'm glad that you will stay here again. We have done a few renovating so the next time that you're here you will notice the difference. If there's anything we can help you will call us at 651-227-8711

Kind regards
Pao Vue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Iron River
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My two sisters and I stayed here the evening before my sister was scheduled for an early surgery
at Regions Hospital. Besides being clean, comfortable and attractive, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Due to a lot of road constuction in the area, we were grateful for the on
site restaurant and the shuttle service provided to and from the hospital.

We were grateful for a comforable havenwith friendly faces to return to after a long and stressfull day. Since my GPS had proved useless in the maze of construction, I was grateful that the young lady at the front desk provided a map & outlined routes to the hospital and back up north for me that avoided the many wrong turns I'd made on the way there.

I'd absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
We are glad to have you here as well. The shuttle service that we provide for guest are always 24 hrs 7 days a week because we know how hard it is when you have family members at the hospital. We are glad that we can be of some help to you. Again thank you for staying with us.

Kind Regards
Stewartville, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here for a MN Wild Game at the Excel Energy Center. The hotel provided a shuttle to the event center every 15 minutes, get in line early as many people use this (we weren't able to get on the first one we were in line for but got on the second)! After the game it was such chaos and we didn't immediately see the shuttle so we decided to take a taxi back to the hotel, still very cheap I believe it was about $5.50.

The bar/restaurant had great staff for after the game, we had such a great time with then and other people who were staying. Rooms were clean, although the fan in our room was a bit loud, and they delivered the paper to your door in the morning! They also have a pool and a small excerise room.

They did have a breakfast buffet (for a cost), I initially wanted to order from the menu but they said it would be a 45 minute wait and there were hardly any people in there at the time.

Would stay again! Great location, free parking!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KellyInnManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Charis,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 651-227-8711 Ext. 2429.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I booked this hotel thru Hotwire.com, so I didn't know what we were getting, or what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place. Front desk staff were great, quick & painless check-in. Our room was a bit smokey smelling, but front desk had someone come up with febreeze promptly, and even offered to change our room for us. 2 kids (2 & 6 yrs) had a fun time at the pool, as did mom & dad, tho dad spent most of the time in the hot tub. Nice & clean. Restaurant was nice, nothing spectacular, but the wait staff were very good. We caught the free shuttle to the Xcel Center for a hockey game, and then the driver came to pick us up again. He was really nice and made sure we were able to get in the van with the kids before the rest of the folks getting in. We were able to leave Miss Marlin, our dog, in the hotel room while we went to the game, we just had to leave our cell phone number with front desk incase she started to bark (which she didn't - what a good girl). We stayed at the Kelly Inn for 3 nights. The beds & pillows were very comfy - we all slept quite well. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in 601 which faces the back parking lot and a big old Sears store. It was nice and quiet no...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
KellyInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank You for your Comments about your recent stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here Mar 7th, 2012. We had an excellent stay! We were very grateful to have a shuttle back and forth to the hospital. All the staff that we dealt with were very friendly, kind, courteous, and very willing to strive to accommodate our needs. There's a driver named Jace who is AWESOME!!!!! He must of drove us back and forth at least 4 times. He is extremely friendly, very kind, willing to give suggestions where to eat and what to do, extremely polite, the list could go on and on!!! Like I said, all the staff we interacted with were great! We did eat breakfast (buffet) at the restaurant the next morning of the 8th. Overall it was good, as with any buffet sometimes certain foods don't stay hot for long, but it was still very enjoyable and it was only about $7. Not too bad in price. I do agree with another review about that it would be nice to be offtered continental breakfast-even something like a couple pieces of toast with jelly and peanutbutter would be appreciated. Rooms looked nice, they have obviously repainted and refurbished the rooms lately. I'm guessing this was an older hotel because the door into the room and bathroom seemed a bit narrow, but it wasn't any problem for us. My son went to the pool and thought it was just fine. I also noticed the smell of chlorine (but not very strong) when I first checked in on Wed (abt 1) but when we came back around 4 the smell wasn't really noticable. If I'm ever in that area again I will definately stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
KellyInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and for your Wonderful comments! I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Charlotte
Reviewed 1 March 2012

So I used Priceline.com's "Name your own price" and got an awesome deal for this place! We loved the view of the city and this was so easy to get to! Right in the middle of everything! Stayed here with my husband and 3 children in room 612. The rooms were clean and of a great size. Not too small and not too big. We stayed in a two queen room. We loved the restaurant below ... so easy and convenient when we did not want to travel for food especially since the winter hit hard when we stayed 02/23-02/28/2012. Super easy check in and check out.
Unfortunately, we did not get to use the pool ... as we would have loved to. But just from the lobby, we could smell the STRONG chlorine smell ... not very pleasant. Otherwise, we would definitely stay here again. Wish there was a continental breakfast but we did just fine without it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
KellyInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank You so much for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay was. I am happy to hear that we where able to provide you with a satisfying stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed in this Hotel Jan 6 - 7. The front desk staff was very nice. I will have to say the shuttle driver really did a excellent job. We ate at the restaurant and the food was very good. No complaints I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
KellyInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank You for staying with and for your comments about the hotel and your stay! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed every bit of it. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.