“Delightfully naughty”
Review of The Naughty Greek

The Naughty Greek
Ranked #53 of 945 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: Traditional and Authentic Greek restaurant. You will find the traditional Gyro spits made fresh everyday as well as the traditional souvlaki skewers and grilled lamb chops! Tzatziki made with real Greek yogurt, fresh Greek salads, zucchini and eggplant sides all served in a modern, fun and light-hearted environment.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved the food at the Naughty Greek! Very authentic, tasted great (even my kids loved it) and the owner made us feel at home.

Natalie S, Marketing & Outreach Manager at The Naughty Greek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much, Megan!

Reviewed June 9, 2018

The food was delicious, had the gyros (vegetarian and beef) which also included spicy crispy fries in the gyros. We liked the location, parking was a block away which was no problem for us, and the decor was very pleasant with big windows and a great view outside. Hot sauce was served on request with the vegetarian gyro and it was super tasty, highly recommend it, called the Virgin Gyro. Everything was top notch. We would go back and also recommend it to friends.

Glad you enjoyed it, Julieta!

Reviewed June 4, 2018

This a recommended by family and we spent a enjoyable evening eating Greek food. My wife and I have never eaten at a Greek restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The atmosphere was fun. It is next to the light rail, so easy to get to. Close to the U of M.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Today for lunch I tried this restaurant, not remembering that I had already sampled it at the Snelling location last fall and was not impressed. I had really wanted a reliable meal at “Caffe Biaggio”, but they were unexpectedly closed, so I had to punt. No wonder the Athenian democracy fell so long ago: the food as presented at “The Naughty Greek” restaurants does not keep up with that from Thessaloniki, Nafplio, Delphi, Corinth, Kalavryta, Matala, and other more well behaved places of the Hellenes that I have visited (Mycenae, Tiryns, and Olympia were closed down for reconstruction when I was there). Perhaps you experienced Athenian street food like this when you visited Greece (I did not) or simply like it after finding it at these two restaurants (I do not), but apart from that, there are some concerns. I prefer my French-fries/pommes-frites on the side rather than stuck in the pita holding the other constituents (no matter how they do it in Athens), but the main problems were skimpy and under-seasoned meat, “tzatziki” that was simply plain yogurt or sour crème with no herbs/spices, and tabbouleh that was heavy on couscous and short on vegetables and therefore on flavor and was presented as an ice-cream scoopful on the plate. Lamb-beef gyros was not offered as an option. All in all the food was just not that tasty at prices that were borderline competitive but not economical.
The Hamline University students have a much better option (that also feels more like Greece or Turkey) on Snelling just across from Hamline: the “Black Sea Restaurant”. They also very obligingly helped me with the pronunciation of “Çatalhöyük” at no extra cost.

1  Thank Sal008
Reviewed April 30, 2018

The food is flavorful and delicious. My husband and I both have food allergies and the restaurant is very accommodating to dairy and nut allergies. The online ordering app is accessible for making substitutions and special requests.

1  Thank Cate M