“Great food and ambiance”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #155 of 974 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent food, service, price. Small but superior wine list. Interesting interior. Friendly and first rate.
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We had a variety of excellent food here. The lamb was excellent, and the Kashmiri naan hit the spot. We enjoyed the ambiance and our waiter was very helpful.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

We live in the neighborhood and order take out from here often. We have been sad to report that over the last couple of years we have noticed the portion sizes go down and the price stay the same or even go up. We are not looking for McD's supersized but for the price we feel it falls a little short of other indian places we have ordered from outside the neighborhood. The food is still decent. But 3 of the last 4 orders have been mishandled(the wrong dish placed in the bag, meat not veggie dish, and dishes missing from the bag to name some of the missteps.) We have not eaten in the restaurant in years so I do not know if you fair better in house. We do keep returning, though I hope to take a break, because they are so close. Indian Masala,out by 3M, we felt was far superior in flavors but is harder to get to.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed every bite; from the delicious naan to our alu gobi to the lamb curry to the chicken makhani. Very kind servers too.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Very good food and service. Definitely a place to go is you are craving Indian!! We really enjoyed the byrani.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

I went to this restaurant with my daughter, who loves Indian food, and I asked her if we should come here again. She said: "I would like to try other Indian restaurants in St. Paul first before coming back here." This was exactly my experience. The food was good. We were both pleased with the meal. But there was nothing special or unique about it.