“Dinner before a concert”

Brasa Rotisserie St. Paul
Ranked #9 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasa serves comfort food inspired by the traditions of Creole cooking. Our menu is a celebration of new and old world ingredients, representing native influences and many many styles of cooking. We supply our kitchen with locally sourced products, free range and pasture raised meats, eggs, and dairy. We also feature organic ingredients, fair trade coffee & tea.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The waitresses were outstanding, the food was perfect amount and delicious. I most certainly will go back, and bring friends.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

First of all I think the building is a former auto garage, so they raise up the garage door in the summer so you feel the outdoors even tho you are inside.

Food is very tasty and I found it to be well seasoned. How I missed the Mac n Cheese I don’t know, but all around me everyone had their own individual side. It looked sooo good. So we ordered one. Yummy! The chicken and gravy was really good, I enjoyed everything I ate, my food, their food,

Run don’t walk to Brasa!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Searching for a restaurant in St. Paul not far from my hotel, I came across a posting for Brasa that suggested the focus was primarily Southern cooking. Living in the South most of my life, I figured I'd give it a try. Parking is at a premium - the lot is small, and although signs in the adjoining lot say that you can't park there for Brasa, apparently people do. I was seated right away, and the noise level wasn't a problem as only a few tables were occupied (it was a Thursday night, early-ish). Service was pretty good, although I had to wait awhile for my check to arrive. The iced cafe con leche was very good. For the entree, I went with the pulled chicken with red beans and rice on the side, plus a honey coated corn muffin. Although I'd rate the meal as ok, I had to add hot sauce to give it more flavor. And perhaps that the overall issue with the menu - it's not quite Southern, not quite Brazilian, and not quite Caribbean. Definitely not what you'd find in most Deep South restaurants and not what I'd all old-fashioned. Perhaps best overall for those seeking gluten-free meals.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

I got the Cajun chicken. There really was no flavor other than chicken even when eating the skin. The chicken was melt in the mouth tender. The greens had a good bit of flavor. My impression of why they are so highly reviewed is because they have the off the wall ambiance. The food to me was nothing special.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

This amazing restaurant has good, old-fashioned "soul food" that soothes the heart and nourishes the stomach. We visited here on Sunday evening and had incredible service. I noted that there were multiple gluten-free options on the menu, excluding the cornbread and sandwich bread, which made finding an entree both easy and hard, as the menu has plentiful, mouth-watering options for carnivores and vegetarians and vegans alike.
I ordered the smothered pulled chicken with yellow rice and beans (vegetarian). The sauce for the chicken was incredibly flavorful, not spicy at all, and the beans and rice were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Even though we were the last table out, we did not feel rushed at all by the staff there and were able to take our time with our meals and enjoy time together as a family.
The only piece of constructive criticism that I would offer would to not include the surcharge for employee's insurance, as this should naturally be built into the business model. With all of the taxes that we have to pay now, an extra surcharge (no matter the amount) should not be added onto our bill. A good businessman or businesswoman will know how to put this into play into his or her business model and not have to add a surcharge to each ticket.