“Best Malt Shop in the Cities”
Review of Dar's Double Scoop

Dar's Double Scoop
Ranked #10 of 28 Dessert in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2017

This place is fantastic. It's got that local neighborhood feel, and is priced for kids meaning you can get an awesome malt for $5 or a big ice cream cone for $4. Good luck finding that elsewhere. The other food (hot dogs, sausages, some fried things) are also decent and priced very very well.

The ice cream selection is top end. Things like Zanzibar Chocolate and French Silk for chocolate lovers. Lots of fruity things for kids too.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

I love ice cream and ice cream shops. This one feels more like a burger stand with a somewhat unappealing interior and ok outdoor seating. The ice cream was ok and the server exceedingly friendly. But if I am looking for a treat, I will look elsewhere.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

I am completely addicted to the cherry Italian ICE. This stuff will blow your brain. It is ten thousand times better than anything else you will ever taste. It is better than the ice cream but the ice cream is still great. It is a sour cherry. It is truly mind blowing. I can't stop eating it. I need help. They also have pizza. The place has been there a long time.

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Great selection and affordable.
Really appreciate the owner sticking around our community.
It's a great way to build our North End.

Thank Mrs. H
Reviewed September 6, 2015 via mobile

So many different flavors to choose from! I love it here. The staff are so kind. I would definitely be coming back to try all the flavors.