“My new favorite breakfast spot”
Review of The Buttered Tin

The Buttered Tin
Ranked #12 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 5, 2018

I loved the variety and unique breakfast offerings. Something for everyone's platelet. I am looking forward to a return visit, and fingers are crossed the Red Velvet pancakes are on the daily special. Be ready for a wait on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and there is not a lot waiting room. Be prepared to stand.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Great breakfast!! It got a bit crowded and had to wait 45 minutes! The pastry and cup of coffee while waiting made it feel shorter and then the actual breakfast was delicious. Service is clearly a strength... not just the food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

Family of 4, 2 teenage daughter's, loved our breakfast here. Can't wait to go back for bakery items!
15 year old loved her huevos rancheros, husband thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast tacos. I had crab cakes Benedict which features asparagus and PERFECT poached eggs! Both daughter's breakfasts had poached eggs. They were delighted with them. They really are beautiful. To look at, and eat.
If you desire great service, this is a great place to go to get it. From the moment we walked in the door to our last moment there. The staff is fabulous! The person who greeted and sat us, poured our water, and our server Anne. So friendly and contentious! Can't wait to go back! Give it a try. Truly made my daughter's 15th birthday fantastic! Thanks Buttered Tin.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My companion and I were there for brunch on a weekday and it was jam-packed!

Food is ordered cafeteria style and you are not allowed to choose a table until after your order has been placed. This left a number of people wandering, hovering and competing for vacating tables.

I ordered the Avocado Toast for $9.95. It was delicious but super white bread-y. I was expecting a grainy bread, but it was very thick slices of store-bought French bread. All of the other ingredients were fantastic, although I asked for the egg over medium and it arrived over easy. In spite of the bread and egg mishap, it was still very delicious.

My companion ordered the breakfast tacos ($12?), they were good and beautifully presented but a little bland. The chorizo was sweet, not spicy. They had some hot sauce available, which was delicious and helped jazz things up. It came with lightly dressed greens, which was nice.

We also had the house-made ginger lemonade which was good, though a little heavy on the ginger.

Prices were on the high side for a cafeteria, but the ingredients and presentation were above average.

Service was friendly, competent and fairly quick given how busy they were.

All in all it was good and we would go back.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

I have heard a lot about this place and was finally able to give it a shot! There was a lot of different options and I was pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was very good and I will be back, the piece of ham was massive and also very good! I will be back!