“Good place to pick up some bakery items”
Review of The Buttered Tin

The Buttered Tin
Ranked #12 of 989 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

I was in town on business and stopped in for a cup of coffee and some breakfast on the way to a meeting. I had a great egg sandwich and ordered some pastries to go. The twinkies and cinnamon rolls were a hit!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

You order at the counter, take a number, get your coffee, then find a seat. I ordered the biscuit and gravy. The gravy is not cream based and is heavy on the herbs and spices, plus pickled onion and tomatoes on top. So wasn't what I was looking for, but the poached eggs were perfect. I didn't enjoy having to get up to return to the counter for a coffee refill. I thought the price of $16 plus parking was too much. Not for me.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This place was absolutely wonderful. It's a small place so don't be alarmed if you wait, but luckily they offer drinks while you wait! Just order at the counter, their mimosa's are on point! Lavender lemon and grapefruit were our choices. As for the food, get ready for a symphony of flavor!

1  Thank kristya86
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We had brunch and it was all almost perfect 5. There is a wait but it is with others and very friendly. When we sat down the staff was perfect with water, drinks and ordering. The menu is wonderful along with the food. The selections provided a different take on old classics. Biscuits with tyme! Sausage with flavoring I have never had before. Wonderful flavors all around! Because they are very busy self help is needed with asking for coffee or other needed items but be bold and the staff will appreciate your request and fulfill them. Our poached eggs which are a stable on many menu items were cooked through on two of the dishes. The staff offered to redo the items or to give free goodies. We really appreciated the effort and the response. This shows a restaurant that is there to please.Hopefully a five star when we go again and again.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with friends for breakfast while in Saint Paul. Delicious! We all ordered different dishes and all loved them!