“Very good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carter Avenue
Description: "Chef Matt Ellison ... showcasing some of the best local farmers and letting their beautiful Midwestern products make his contemporary cooking arguments for him." Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl - The daily-printed menu, filled with irresistible flavors and tempting aromas, is truly a feast for the senses. The wine menu is hand- picked by the Sommelier and also changes to reflect the seasonal and ethnic influences of the cuisine. - Jeremy Iggers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune describes the restaurant as "a candle-lit chef-driven bistro with an imaginative globe-trotting menu."
Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner, with flavorful fresh food and tasty appetizers. The menu is interesting and changes seasonally to include local farms and offerings.

Reviewed October 8, 2015

I came here for a dinner with two colleagues. I had the shrimp that was very good and a caesar salad that could have used some more anchovies but was still fine. Appetizers included calamari and hummus. Both were good. The waitress was attentive without hovering. Things came at a nice pace. I would definitely come back here but next time I might get the duck that looked very good.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

My husband and I ate there early in Sept 2015. It was a bit too warm for eating outside, but indoors was fine. Delicious meals, great Italian food. This restaurant is always a good bet!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

Met a friend we had not seen in two years in this establishment we have never before been to. We had a very light lunch and it was good. Hubby had bowl of the beer-cheese soup. Friend had the luncheon portion chicken caesar and I had the luncheon portion salmon caesar. Mine was very good. I noticed that friend was using a knife to get through the chicken and it appeared to me that it might have been overcooked. Hubby ordered the creme brulee for desert and I had a few spoons - very tasty. I did not order a glass of wine because I thought the glass price was a little high for the offerings.

This is the kind of place that I call "California foofy." Some people will know what I mean as I've seen others refer to some CA restaurants like that - it's hard to explain.

Reviewed September 2, 2015

This is one of the few upscale restaurants near our office. We come here regularly (usually a couple of times a month). The food is good but not spectacular but the service is usually excellent.