“St. Paul dining - evening out or lunch”
Review of La Grolla

La Grolla
Ranked #32 of 973 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2017

The service is excellent. The food is marvelous. And if the weather allows outdoor seating, the enclosed patio is stunningly beautiful and romantic.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

This is truly the best Italian restaurant in the Twin Cities, and is the first stop with out-of-town guests. I highly recommend the Tagliatelle Bolognese, but the steak and seafood options are also outstanding.

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Met five people for lunch. Many salad choices as well as sandwiches and pasta dishes. Group had some of each. Service was excellent. Choices of alcoholic drinks and non alcoholic. Salads were excellent as well as chicken sandwich. Excellent atmosphere. Appropriate sized meals. Usually a pasta special for lunch. Enjoyable lunch.

1  Thank jammerspot
Reviewed May 6, 2017

This is our second visit to La Grolla. As before, the food was very good and in a couple of cases, excellent. My friend had a baked seafood pasta dish that was filled with seafood, but was much spicier than he expected. Nothing on the menu description mentioned this. The service was disappointing. Although we ate at an early hour (5 PM) and the restaurant was not even half full, they brought the main course when none of us had finished our salads. What was the rush?? Also, the music detracted from our experience and seemed much more suited to a disco than to a nice Italian eatery.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

I've been here a few times and always had something different and good. Actually, last time I went my entree was kinda mediocre (tortellini with ham and peas) and another friend didn't like her lasagna because it was kind of greasy. Our other two friends really liked their food, though, and other times I've been here I've been impressed with the quality. Everything is presented really nicely, too. We kept looking at all the nice-looking plates other tables were being served. Service was extremely professional and fast. I really like this charming Cathedral Hill neighborhood, although parking can be a challenge. I'll go back here, but I'm still looking for My Favorite Twin Cities Italian Place.