“Best spaghetti carbonara in the country!”

Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Italy's abundant and diverse food styles are represented and sampled throughout the year at Pazzaluna. The many culinary faces of Italy's distinct regions find their way to Pazzaluna's cucina daily. Seasonal influence is always projected, as are the artisan and craft suppliers that provide Pazzaluna with the best raw-ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. Pazzaluna is proud of its reputation of buying direct from area farmers on some of its most prized items. This style of purchasing is the TRUE ITALIAN TRATTORIA way - using local, regionally grown and produced supplies, reflecting the unique influence of the area as all of the ingredients come together in concert to perform in a dinner experience of a lifetime. To Italians, a meal is more than just food-it's an experience, an event to be shared with family and friends. No where is this more true than at Pazzaluna Urban Italian in Saint Paul, one of the Twin Cities' best Italian restaurants.
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Crab cake amazing too! Late night, post show lovely setting. Bar looked romantic and crowded at 10 pm. The staff was wrapping the evening up around the restaurant which wasn't great., too many tables unbussed and clanking of dishes and clean up. This should be done after 11 pm when you close!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

My food here was just ok. I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli. It was too heavy for my taste. I couldn't eat much of it. The bread, however, was divine! I could have just made a meal of that and been happy. I shared the pecan pie for dessert. It was quite dense and I could only eat a few bites. The flavor, though, was excellent. Our server was very friendly and did a great job for our party of 6.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Like the quality, like the choices. I’ll go back as soon as the chance arises. Make sure to check out there Primi selections.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

I stopped by for a quick bite before attending an opera. Steven served me at the bar and provided a wonderful Negroni cocktail, as well as overall spectacular service1 I watched as the entire team behind the bar rushed to meet customer needs (and there were hundreds of people buzzing about), and concluded this is the most professional, customer-oriented team behind a bar I've seen in many years. What a great experience! And, Steven introduced me to a new recipe for an alternative Negroni that was a treat, too. So, I got (1) great service; (2) a great cocktail; and (3) an education--all in one short visit. Kudos!

1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Pazzaluna has an excellent valet by Homsa, he is always quick and eager to open my wife's door, great job Homsa. Also it is nice to have my car ready to go when I am done.

Check in was great, no wait.

We had the table by the window, good location but the next time I am going to ask for the table in the corner- less traffic.

It was super busy night a lot of people dining before the high school hockey tournament and the SPCO special concert by swedish clarinetist David Frost.

Pazzaluna started something new, the entire menu is on the one big sheet of paper including the wine list. Now I think it is easier to find what you want to eat.

Pazzaluna also stopped making the month PreFixe specials...I liked the PreFixe, I could look forward to my visit. We shall see where the new chef Michele Totoro will take Pazzaluna with his new ideas.

Our dinner concluded:

Cold Antipasti- super tasty love it

Classic Meatballs
Sugo pomodoro & four cheese sauce- as always very nicely done

Arugula
Apples, pears, toasted almonds,gorgonzola & honey-apple cider vinaigrette- it looked fresh and well presented- tasty

Roast Duck
Cauliflower, roast apple, brussels sprouts & herb sauce- we had this dish before but this time the duck needed 30 more seconds on the pan to be done better in my opinion. I felt like it was too raw.

Last time I had a roasted duck with sweet potato hash.
I think I liked the old style better, the presentation was definitely more colorful.

We had a glass of the red italian wine, it was very good but I don't remember the name of it.
Cappuccino was right temperature this time.

Overall our evening was very nice. I still will recommend this place to everyone if you want to have a special event with a very special people around you.

My question to the management team;Is there a possibility to have your wine list on the website, please?

Thank you our waiter, unstoppable Curtis, Tim Bush, chef Seth and welcome the new Pazzaluna chef Michele Totoro. We will be back.