“Great service and good appetizers. ”

Fabulous Fern's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fabulous Fern's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 927 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

First off this is in a really neat location. Stopped in for drinks and appetizers. The facility itself looks a little tired. The service was very good in the appetizers were okay. This ended up being a great place to stop in for drinks and appetizers with friends. When in the area I will try to stop back.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I've never been impressed or disappointed with Ferns. I've been there for business lunches, evening dinners, pre-game cocktails. It's perfectly average, and sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I used to really enjoy Fern's, but I think the quality of their food has deteriorated in the last several years. If I go now, I primarily go for drinks in the bar. It is sad, because the restaurant is large and lovely, and it is a great location.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

A warm chicken dijon sandwich, exactly right on a rainy day when instead of walking to my car, I walked into Fern's for lunch. I asked for the small, more private booth for two (I was solo) so I could read while waiting for lunch. Not much time for reading as fresh hot coffee was brought followed by my lunch that included a Caesar salad. The food was wonderful, the service attentive and friendly, Looking over the menu, I found 27 beers on tap, 8 brands of Irish Whiskey, a full bar menu; if I were to buy dessert, I'd buy the Vanilla Bread Pudding with apples, raisin, and sweet whiskey sauce or a Hot Fudge Ice Cream Popover. Full dinner menu, happy hour, large windows, wooden tables and chairs, a large sitting area in the large pub room plus an outdoor sitting area, covered and warmed, if necessary. It's Minnesota. Fern's has been in place for 28 years

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The meal took way longer than it should have to deliver, some kitchen catastrophe, per our waitress, but it was very good.