Indian Mounds Regional Park
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Interesting mounds, fantastic views

Review background: We were staying in downtown St. Paul without a car and decided to take a bus to... read more

Reviewed August 17, 2017
s2mc
Plano, Texas
Nice park

I've been to birthday parties here, was great for grilling and a nice playground for the kids... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2017
tif316
Saint Paul, Minnesota

All reviews mississippi river downtown st nice play quiet setting paul airport native american picnic area nice walk twin cities bluff fence sacred vista skyline playground protected information
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I only came across Indian Mounds Regional Park because of construction on Highway 94 that caused me to have to take a detour. Little did I expect to see a gorgeous view of downtown St. Paul with downtown Minneapolis visible in the distance. I had to come back with my family. There is a paved trail that you can take a nice walk on and then benches you can stop and sit at to enjoy the view. There is even a playground for the kids. Oh, and Indian Mounds are interesting too.

Highly Recommended!! Free!

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Went to visit this particular site. Was looking forward to seeing it as well as learning about it. I did see it but as far as learning about it there really wasn't anything posted for information regarding the Mounds themselves. Such as what was known about them so far individually question What the mound is? How Mounds were built? I was disappointed in the lack of information of knowledge for these Mounds. It has the potential to provide such knowledge and failed. The scenic views we're all blocked by growth.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

I came here for the view and wasn't disappointed. This is one place to go and get a free view of the area. Easy to find and easy parking. I went during a non-touristy time, so I had the place almost to myself. I could hear birds sing and the wind blow. I liked the peaceful and quiet setting.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I came across this park accidentally after visiting a friend who lives nearby. It's a beautiful park, with awesome views overlooking the river and city, and has benches to sit and relax, etc., and a nice play area for children.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

I grew up in this area. My opinion, this park offers the best view of St. Paul! The skyline, the great Mississippi River , the St. Paul Airport. The history of the Indian burial mounds holds much to th imaginationn. There is even an actual underground drinking spring. A natural. But you must know the history to lovage!