“Beer & Food!”
Review of Happy Gnome

Happy Gnome
Reserve with OpenTable
Happy Gnome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Selby and MacKubin
Transit: The 21 drops off right in front.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went in for a late lunch, sat at the bar. Vast numbers of beers, though many from same MN brands. I have a pint of a German beer.
I had the Buffalo Bacon Chicken Sandwich. It was served on thick toast, which I found refreshing. It was a very delicious sandwich. Came with fries.
Friendly bartender. Great place.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The weather was great and the patio in back was really nice to eat in. The bar also looked nice and big, so that option would have been good too. My daughter had the pho and liked it quite a bit. I had the dry rub wings, and I thought they tasted bitter and full of cumin. Not my fave. Cocktails were good.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Always greeted by surly hosts who make it plain they are not happy to see you. Wait staff is good, but hosts need a lesson in hospitality. We live within two blocks, but the Surly Gnome is always our last choice.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Had dinner on the patio at Happy Gnome. Long selection of craft beers, with much variety to chose from. Food was delicious! We enjoyed sirloin steak with tiny potatoes, Ahi tuna ramen, lobster mac and cheese and brussels sprouts appetizer. Wait staff was very good -- helpful explaining menu choices and boxing up leftovers to take home.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

It was indeed a happy experience for me at the Happy Gnome!! Great selection of local draught beers. I ordered their game burger made with elk and bison because I can't get anything like that where I live in Mississippi. It proved to be an excellent choice.