“Busy place for Sunday Brunch”
Review of Tongue in Cheek

Tongue in Cheek
Ranked #1 of 989 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

But, who's worrying? Brunch is served throughout the week!! When full, the room is really noisy. Food? Most excellent. The little "teasers" on the menu are just right for size and cost. Entrees have been beautiful and flavorful. This place appears to be an "outlier" in it's location but that, obviously, does not hurt business! Perhaps more good eating places will open in the area? That would be excellent.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been inspired by some TripAdvisor reviews and I tried this restaurant in a solo dinner. The menu has a short list of veggie and not offers. I tried a romaine salad served on a bed of goat cheese. The entree was a plate with grilled shrimps served in a Thai styled noodles and vegetables...very tasty and spicy!!! I had a good Chardonnay from Napa Valley as drink. The noise is really high, some insulation should be considered as it can disturb the atmosphere.

Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Second trip but this time we brought our very picky vegan daughter. She had the "vegasim" which apparently changes regularly. Of course she had to make it truly unique with no onions or garlic. When it arrived she was blown away by how good it was (I didn't try it and seriously question how good a bowl of cauliflower, corn puree, avacado and many other vegany ingredients could actually be).

My wife had a Ramon bowl and said it was incredible. It was loaded with vegetables, noodles, savory broth and two large chunks of crispy pork belly which she generously shared with me.

I had a hamburger that was excellent and served medium rare exactly as I ordered.

We also shared a pork belly taco appetizer that was exceptional and unlike anything I've ever tasted.

At our servers suggestion I tried their house special Old Fashioned called the Ron Swanson. It was really unusual but outstanding, as was everything we had.

Our server was friendly and knowledge. Next time we're in town we'll definitely be back.

2  Thank David10_1960
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is unique and the food is beautifully crafted. Their "How we brunch" combo is perfect, you get 2 small bites, brunch entree, coffee and a cocktail.

So good!!

Reviewed October 13, 2018

First, really great food. Great service. But: (1) pricey and small portions (2) noisy, very 'live' space, put us off (3) some funky art with partially naked ladies, might put you off