“The patio”

Dark Horse Bar & Eatery
Ranked #74 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Lowertown has come into its own, and Dark Horse is one of the reasons. It's a great pub/ restaurant in the heart of the action. We sat on the patio on a nice spring day and enjoyed a wedge salad and pizza. Great place to enjoy a nice afternoon.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Next to barrel theory. Ate out on patio. Got caught in a sudden rainstorm. Our waitress went out of her way to get us seated in the very busy inside. Wedge salad was amazing. It was bigger than any I’ve had anywhere else. Burger was good. Drinks duck leg apps were very good. Terrific interior. Slick interior decor. Very busy and very eye catching.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I met a friend for lunch near his office (he's been here a few times) and it met the expectations that he had set. Beautiful wood interior, mix of chairs and booths that feel welcoming right away. I can see myself here tipping pints for an hour or three. As it was I declined the cocktails and focused on lunch. I ordered the Koshari Rice bowl and was dazzled. The menu describes this dish as "garbanzo bean, red lentil, macaroni,
spicy tomato sauce, sunny egg." I say it's all yummy magic that, at the risk of missing other terrific dishes, I could eat every time that I come here!

Pro Tip: Plenty of street parking!

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I was here last year, and had a good meal. So, when arranging a group outing, I chose this place to take may friends. There were twelve of us, and they had our table ready.

Service was good, and so were our meals and beers.

I'll be back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Great happy hour menu for late on a Saturday with friends. Nice mix of cheaper drinks, cool space, terrific food.