“Romantic throw back”

The Commodore Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a restaurant with style, class and old style chic. The mix and blend of ambiance and food. I am not a drinker but our friends enjoyed their cocktails immensely, The food is delightful and you will get some unique combinations and preparations. The staff seems to get into the spirit as well. As you walk in you feel as though you are transported back in time. Do go early and hang out at the bar and absorb the surroundings. I admit I am biased sincere we held our wedding here over 10 years ago. score the restaurant was restored. Make a night of it and dress up for the occasion. By all means grab some pictures and selfies to remember the evening. Great place for date night too.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

What a great historic find in the heart of St Paul. On the pricey side but service and appetizers were great. The place has a great retro feel and was too busy for food in the dining room but had we known, we could of eaten dinner in the lounge but settled for appetizers and drinks instead. Great specialty cocktail menu, we will be back for sure.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

My wife and I came here not too long ago and loved it. What a beautiful bar and restaurant, and while we did not have anything to eat for dinner, we enjoyed some of the delicious cocktails from their cocktail menu. I tried the "Commodore" cocktail (bourbon, cherry liqueur, and creme de cacao) for the first time, and it was incredible. It was so good in fact that I've tried to recreate the drink at home. What a great place, and I highly recommend.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

Step back in time for a delightful experience in both dining and spirits. I've dined here a few times this year with friends or stopped by for a cocktail and have never been disappointed - other than the on-street parking can be a challenge sometimes if the lot is full. I highly recommend reservations for dinner. The same menu is served throughout regardless of which room you're seated in. The Commodore is not open for breakfast or lunch and often has special events.

Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

If your looking to go back in time and live in the 20s and 30s, when the Mob was a big influence in St Paul then this place is the place.. Try the Lobster Hard boiled eggs.. to die for.. The food here is outstanding along with the cocktails. Very friendly and attentive staff..