US$144
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton St. Paul East(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$110
Doubletree.com
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$174
US$167
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$123
BestWestern.com
US$116
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Hotel 340(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$97
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$92
US$85
All reviewsgreat locationirish pubxcel energy centerwild gamehigher floorattending an eventriver centerparking rampbusiness triphockey gameearly checkwithin mileshot tubshuttle servicefitness centerfree shuttleliffey
Reviewed January 19, 2018

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn a number of times, but this last time January 13, was great - the rooms have been updated and are fantastic (including a towel animal, a rose out of kleenex and a bow out of toilet paper)! Whether staying at the hotel or not we always try to park at the HI when attending a WILD game as it is really convenient. We also enjoy dining and having cocktails at The Liffey located inside. My main criticism - the elevators - they are very slow and there are no stairs to use as a secondary option if you don't want to wait.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
spapacek, General Manager at Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Thank you for your high rating and compliments, David and Cindy! We're THRILLED to hear that you loved our newly-renovated guestrooms! It took some time, but we think that they turned out great as well! We also appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the extra touches our staff tries to make, the attached restaurant, The Liffey, and our convenient parking beside the hotel and super close to the Xcel Energy Center! We hope you'll have occasion to come stay with us again soon, and, in the meantime, we wish you happy travels!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Up for a concert at the energy center. Hotel is right across the street. Parking is extra, but worth the extra charge. Super quick check in. Very nice updated rooms. There is a restaurant on premise. Many restaurant choices close by. Will stay again if up for a concert.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
spapacek, General Manager at Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Thank you for your review, Pat! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's unbeatable location, convenient parking, updated rooms, and staff. We'll look forward to welcoming you back for your next concert at the Xcel, and we wish you happy travels until then!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The location, across from the Xcel Center, is ideal for Minnesota Wild hockey fans, which is why we had so many of them (and fans of opposing teams) in the hotel with us. We were there to work -- at least my husband was -- and the hotel was an easy walk to the RiverCentre, where his work was. The room was small and located near the elevator, but it was comfortable and well-maintained. I would caution against advertising it as "accessible," as the restroom does not meet ADA requirements; a bar by the shower doesn't cut it. The fitness center was exceptional -- I particularly liked the bike with a built-in TV and complimentary ear buds. The pool was OK for a hotel pool, perfectly adequate for my aqua-exercises. The hot tub could have been a little hotter, but it too was adequate. All in all, we had a decent experience.

Room Tip: If the number ends in 19, the room is right by the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
spapacek, General Manager at Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Lyn, and especially thank you for your perfect 5/5 rating of our property. We sincerely appreciate it! We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's ideal location across from the Xcel Energy Center and just a block away from the St. Paul Rivercentre, that you were able to appreciate our "comfortable and well-maintained" rooms (which are also newly-renovated), and that you were able to take advantage of our "exceptional" fitess center! Regarding the features of your particular room and its ADA features, it sounds like your room likely only included extra features for those who are hard of hearing as opposed to a wheelchair accessible room. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention though and will look at adjusting it going forward. All in all though, we again appreciate your high rating and hearing that you had a satisfactory stay overall. We hope you'll visit us again in the future, and we wish you happy travels until then!

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was not bad nor was it anything special. The room was okay and clean. The toilet however was tiny. Some kindergarten class is missing their commode I think. Check in/out was reasonable smooth but I had a problem with the male desk clerk.

Since we should not put real names here, let's say my name is Abraham Benjamin Cook (ABC - not my real name) and I go by Ben. I am used to desk clerks calling me Mr Cook. The clerk addressed me as Abraham. Over and over. Hello Abraham, how are you Abraham, do you have ID Abraham, sign here Abraham. He used the name with every sentence. Since I go by Ben, I hate being called Abraham and am only called that by police or doctors. Finally I could not stand it any longer and asked him to call me Ben.

Where I am from, you do not address someone by a first name unless given permission to do so. It is the height of rudeness. Of course I was not where I am from so I should expect courtesy but this guy really got on my nerves with it.

I notice Mngt likes to respond and sadly I cannot follow up but please keep in mind if you do not go by the first name on your license, prepare to repeatedly assaulted with that given name over and over.

I do not plan to stay here again. I checked out early and moved to an unknown hotel at a better price through the internet. Oddly enough it turned out to be another Holiday Inn. Room had a human sized toilet and they addressed me as Mr Cook. (Again, not my real name). Next time I'll book there to begin with.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
spapacek, General Manager at Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Hi PaxvilleBoy,

While we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed clean and sufficient guestroom accommodations, but we're sorry our front desk clerk brought about your ire by using your first name. We want to assure you that he did not intend to be rude in doing this, and we trust that he stopped doing so after you eventually mentioned that is not your preferred name. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience, and we wish you all the best in your future travels. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We were on the 6th floor close to the elevators. It was ok as we had mobility issues at that time. The room is the size of a typical 2-queen bed room. The price is a bit high but you're paying for the location. The bus stop is at the front of the hotel. One bus ride to MOA and back (Bus 54). No breakfast but they have a restaurant in the hotel. There's a coffee shop close by (Dunn Bros). My only issue is that the bathtub needs to be scrubbed thoroughly, some parts were clean but most of the tub looked like it had not been scrubbed thoroughly. The beds were comfortable. We had a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker in the room.
The 2 elevators need some work as they were too slow (as mentioned by other hotel guests as well)
Overall stay was ok.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
spapacek, General Manager at Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Thank you for your review, Ditto917. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, room amenities, excellent location, and convenience of the in-house pub and restaurant, The Liffey! We're happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the convenient public transit route between here and the Mall of America as well! Thank you again for your review, Ditto917, and we'll look forward to the opportunity to provide a perfect stay with us during your next visit to the area. We wish you happy travels until then!