All reviewsrice parkhigh teaambassador suitethe grillm streethistoric hotellandmark centeraveda toiletriesvalet parkinglobby barlovely old hotelturn down servicetwin citiesold world charmroom servicethe lower levelold school
Reviewed November 17, 2017

We called and negotiated rate of $234. Told them staying 2 nights. When we got the bill the second night was $99 higher. Told by desk clerk thats common with hotels now to increase 2nd night and would not reduce. Hmmm we weren't told that when we called and made reservation. We travel often and has never happened before. Be careful!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamara S
Brian S, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Hi Tamara
We looked into your reservation and found that the reservation was made on the 1st of November and you received a confirmation letter with the rates. AAA rate, first night was $234 second was $333, this was for our Executive King Suite. The registration card at check-in also displayed your rates for the suite. Please call me to discuss further. My telephone number is 651-228-3801.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed staying at the hotel for the first 2 days of our honeymoon before flying out. Such a magical hotel with the kindest staff, excellent and comfortable accommodations, incredible food and food presentation. The list continues...Even more special was to also stay at the hotel like my grandparents did on their wedding night 67 years ago (Sept. 9, 1950). Thank you The Saint Paul Hotel, for making the start to our marriage so memorable with such a lovely and classy stay! Regards, ~

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi newly weds!
Thank you for allowing us to show you our authentic hospitality. Perhaps we will see you in your future anniversary years.
Congratulations on your marriage.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Stayed on the 12th (top) floor, in a small, but adequate room that was very nice and had a view over the city of Saint Paul and Mississippi River. Everything worked well. The service at the Front Desk was fine and professional, but not real personal. The most personal was the house maid who brought us some extra tea upon request.
We did enjoy a nice breakfast in the morning at the M Street Cafe, in the underground level.
We enjoyed their lobby fireplace in the morning for doing some reading.
The one aspect that cheapened the experience for me was what was offered in the room for snacks. It's quite an assortment, but overpriced. Also, when we got our bill under the door in the morning, included was a particular snack item which we did not eat. Somehow there's a sensor that records if you lift it up and even look at it. We did not have to pay for it, but I thought this was cheap. I would prefer that they offer nothing at all, than this system. A hotel like this should put a few free items, like chocolates, on your bed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Tim
We apologize for the mini bar system error. I will personally look into the sensor in your room and make sure it is operating correctly. We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this lovely old hotel. All the amenities were first class. Our room was a king deluxe and comfortable for the limited time we were actually in the room and not at the wedding.
The facilities for the wedding were wonderful and the food was delicious.
All the service we received from the valet parking, bell hop, door man, servers and front desk were first rate.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you Mary for your wonderful comments. It was our pleasure to make your visit a memorable one.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Another wonderful stay at the Saint Paul Hotel. Was there this week for a short visit and always enjoy this beautiful, historic hotel.

The service is excellent. Rooms are impeccable and the food is outstanding.

It's always a treat to stay here and there is a warmth from the staff that makes me feel so comfortable and welcome.

It's my favorite hotel of anyplace and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can see the river - it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Brian S, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear mjalton
Thank you for your return visit. We are happy to read that we again exceeded your expectations. I am very fortunate to come to work each day and work with such a wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass along your comments.