“Very good food and nice variety.”
Review of Afro Deli & Grill

Afro Deli & Grill
Ranked #41 of 998 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Description: A fast, friendly, and affordable place for anything from coffee and tea, to lunch, dinner, and dessert. Afro Deli is a social venture that attempts to weave together business with community and culture. We offer great food at great price served quickly. All of our dishes are made fresh and prepared Halal. We also cater all types of events & meetings from small to large.
Reviewed July 3, 2018

We have eaten here a few times, and always have gotten a good meal at a fair price. You order at the counter and then get a buzzer to notify you when the food is ready. Most recently I had the chapati with chicken and it was very good. I think my lunch favorite is the somali steak sandwich. There is not much street parking in the area, so best bet would be a garage (they call them 'ramps' in MN). Outdoor seating is available.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I've never had African food, and the rice with chicken was fantastic (I think that's called chicken fantastic).

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Afro Deli catered our event this evening, and they were just incredible. Awesome food that our guests raves about, professional staff and beyond helpful customer service. I will use them every chance I get from now on. Chef Musa cares about your event as much as you do! You won’t regret catering with them!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018

If I worked in downtown St. Paul this would be my most frequent lunch choice. Their food is fantastic, it is made fresh in a quick fashion, and the staff is super friendly. My favorite dish is the Afro Asian Chicken Suqaar. I have tried several other dishes, but I keep coming back to this one.

i highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a delicious lunch in downtown St. Paul.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Delicious food and satisfying food at a great location. I enjoyed a simple chicken dish that kept me feeling full and happy all day long.

Date of visit: October 2017