All reviews bandana square train station railroad tracks unique hotel state fair the breakfast area pool side interesting building hot tub university of minnesota indoor pool twin cities easy access beds were comfortable free shuttle yogurt shuttle service
Reviewed January 30, 2016

This is a great hotel. Alyssa, at the front desk is great. If you are in St. Paul, you need to stay here! Easy parking, close to food and ice rink. I highly recommend it. I like to stay in this neat, old train works.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2016

Okay place but breakfast hours on weekend need to be extended. Beds are a bit stiff. Staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and pretty typical. Temperature gets controlled from front desk which is not particularly convenient. Convenient location for me in that I come to St. Paul to attend Hamline University Hockey games and the rink is less than a mile from the BW.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

The staff was like family from the minute that I arrived!!
They made my stay feel like home.
Notably, but not entirely:
Alisa, managed bar and front desk and was great to talk with!!
Sandy, the manager was also great to talk to at breakfast and during the day! She was very nice and super supportive when Gidgett was in surgery!
Lindsey, at front desk, was very supportive and nice! I think Gidgett liked her the most of all!
Mike the bartender was good to talk with and took my mind off my anxiety when Gidgett spent night in ICU.
Gidgett is doing great! If all goes well I will return in about 4 months for a follow-up visit, and look forward to seeing my friends (felt like family) again!
Thanks to all for helping me and Gidgett through difficult times!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2016

I stayed here for several nights. The service was excellent, they helped with my stay anyway they could and only charged for extra service rarely. I used their shuttle and it was always on time and glad to be there in the worst conditions.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

If you like the BW formula then this is the place for you. The layout & building offer something different. The gym sauna pool combo was welcome. The train stop area for breakfast was different.

Pets are allowed so if you have allergies then you might want to make sure you know who/what has been in touring beforehand/recently.

Date of stay: November 2015