“Love this hotel! Gym is awesome”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Would definitely stay there again. The gym is great!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Fitnessgirly

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My room was fine except for the fact that it had ONLY hot water coming from the bathroom sink. I don't meant that the water was tepid -- it was hot! Rather than have a plumber come and mess around in my room when my things were already unpacked, I just used bottled water. At checkout I told the man at the front desk about the problem, and he began paging through a notebook full of maintenance requests, saying, "I believe we already have that on our maintanance list." This is when I became truly annoyed: they put me in a room that had a problem they knew about! At that moment, I looked down and saw a sign on the desk stating that Hampton had a 100% satisfaction guarantee. "I'm not 100% satisfied," I told the desk clerk, and he said, "I'm sorry." That was it.

When I got home, I sent an email to Hampton about my concerns, but I have not gotten a reply.

I am disappointed withe front desk service at check-in as well. I asked about breakfast before 6:00 a.m., because I needed to leave the hotel at 6 in order to get to an early meeting. The person at the desk told me to go to Perkin's or another local restaurant. Then the next day when I passed through at 5:45 a.m., there were brown bag breakfasts made up for other guests who had to be on the go early. Why didn't she offer to prepare one for me?

This front desk person also called me by my first name, which seemed a little inappropriate. Usually I am referred to in these situations as Dr. ____________.

I will be back in this area on business but will not stay at this property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CathyAT
Hotel_Man_Mpls, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for letting us know about the plumbing issue that you had. Also, I apologize that you were not made aware of the on the run breakfast bags we serve as a convenience for our guests starting at 5:30 AM every weekday. I will follow up with the staff. We foster the environment of friendly service and comfortable surroundings; hence why we use first names. If anyone ever doesn't feel comfortable with that, we are happy to address them formally. And we always stand behind our 100% satisfaction. Please contact me directly @ dan.winslow@hilton.com to give me your stay info and I will rectify the matter promptly. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Rooms, staff and grounds very nice. Breakfast very good but could have more seating for guests.

Room Tip: Very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My daughter and I made a quick trip up to ValleyFair and the cities. I thought this was a brand new property and asked if it had just opened. Well taken care off. The room was perfect and breakfast area clean. This is a great place. I also asked for the ValleyFair package and saved a ton on park tickets. Thank you!!!! We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I've never written a hotel review before but I was so impressed with this hotel I felt I should. We were there with a 10U softball team and had such a nice experience. The room/hotel in general was very clean, the service was exceptional. Whatever we needed they couldn't have been happier to oblige us. They did more than they needed to every time. The breakfast that is included in the price of the room was very good. (The dads were happy, bacon, eggs, waffles, fruit, muffins, etc.) The pool area is on the smaller size but served its purpose between games! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank HotelSnobMN
Reviewed 13 June 2011

What a strange experience! We checked in late due to a delayed flight to Minneapolis and the desk clerk asked if I'd like to keep the charges on my American Express. I should have said "yes"; I don't even have an American Express card! It should have sent up red flags. We got to our nicely laid out king bed room. I immediately found a dirty wash cloth hanging in the bathroom. The remainder of the bath looked clean, but who would clean a tub/shower and leave a dirty cloth??? I went to the front desk to report this and the clerk informed me in no uncertain terms that she was not going to clean the bath as she was the only employee on duty at that time. I arranged for housekeeping to come at 9 am and went back to unpack. We were exhausted, and as I moved pillows to turn down the bed I noticed what looked like orange stains from someone eating Cheetos on the white comforter!! Gross out! Well then I turned back the comforter to find what appeared to be a huge sweat or (????) worse stain on the sheets. Totally grossed out, I called the desk and demanded action. The desk clerk managed to leave her post long enough to check out my story, then moved us to another room, which was double queen beds, not what I booked, but all they had left. She thought the manager might be able to comp the room for that night for my trouble. I spoke to Dan, the general manager the next morning. He was very kind and sympathetic. He moved us to a king room next to our relatives at my request and did comp the room for the first night. The remainder of our stay was uneventful and very pleasant. The place is pretty quiet and in a newly developed area. There's a nice large lobby area where we could visit with family and even enjoy wine and snacks we brought. The breakfast is the typical high-carb waffles, breads, cereals with a couple hot items--the instant yukky-tasting eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc. - but the bagel-sausage-egg sandwiches are great! Nice big exercise room with sanitizing cloths for use. Swimming pool, however, reeked of chlorine & made my eyes burn when I opened the door-we didn't partake. All in all not my best hotel experience, but OK.

Room Tip: Check it out before you unpack!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Man_Mpls, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for your candid reply! As the newest hotel to Shakopee we have seen an overwhelming positive response from our guests and have shot to the top of the Hampton Rankings in terms of cleanliness, service and overall experience. Unfortunately your stay did not reflect what the overhwhelming majority of our guests experience. The american express card on your reservation belonged to Travelocity since it was prepaid. Thank you for letting us know about this and how we can improve.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

The Hampton Inn in Shakopee, MN is a beautiful, comfy & cozy place to stay. Very much needed in this area and much appreciated. The hotel & staff will wow you. Perfect for the business persons needs and yet all the things needed when staying for leasure. The staff is top notch. You will be pleased with the amenities they have available. The free breakfast is great. Love the breakfast to go bag for when we are in a hurry. Love the plush fluffy bedding too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LindaMN
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you for your response. We are very glad you enjoyed our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
0.6 km away
10.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chanhassen, MN
12.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!