All reviewsroom was cleanstaff went out of their wayrecommend this hotelbusiness tripbagelsmystic lake casinothe staff was greata great staygreat customer servicecontinental breakfastupon checkthe breakfast areahot tubrenaissance festivalbrendasaeedpaisley
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Richard, Brenda and the wonderful older lady putting on the breakfast. These people made our stay very personal. They were amazing with the kids. Always greated us with open arms and make our stay great. I really want to hightlight Richard. I cannot say enough about him. He was engaging, interactive, took huge pride and ownership! Talk about someone who would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. This team makes the hotel!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
CI-ShakManagement, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Thank you for your generous compliments. I concur, this is one of the best team at our hotels. I have passed your gratitude on to our friendly team at the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Minneapolis-Shakopee, MN. We will look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 17, 2018

This will be long, I had a stay here March 13th-16th. First off, the hotel is VERY outdated and the photos provided do NOT match what you get. During our stay I had a few issues with housekeeping, even cleaned the room myself and fetched towels.. which was tolerable. During our stay they did a test of the alarm, I went down to the front desk to see if it was a drill or serious as my toddler was flipping out. and I stood there for a few minutes while two ladies (Kim Stone and another staff) talked about a personal matter, apparently Kims ears were bothering her and she couldn't get them to "pop", finally the other lady looks at me and says "can I help you?" and I asked about the blaring noise, she said "they do this once a year" as if I was supposed to know. I woke up Wednesday morning with a couple bites, shrugged it off until my daughter came to me saying theres a spider or "something" in the couch and showed me a bite on her wrist. At that time I called the hotel (as I was out at MOA), I spoke with Saaed, the general manager. I told him the situation and he immediately got defensive and told me I had two options, they could change the linens or I could "go stay somewhere else". His tone frustrated me and I voiced that and I asked that the linens be changed. Thursday, housekeeping tried to enter our room in the morning, my daughters were still asleep so we asked that she come back. I ran into one of the housekeeping ladies on the way out and asked that she take the soiled towels and replace them and she said yes and asked which room, I was in 214. Upon our return that evening, the room hadn't been touched. My fiancé went to the front desk and was told by a woman to "just set the trash/soiled linen outside the door", which he did. Later that evening he went down to get a face towel and spoke with Richard, VERY nice and helpful gentleman, and gave our concerns/issues. Richard made notes of everything and we went to bed. At check out I spoke with Kim Stone, supervisor. I let her know of the issues and that there was notes, she also became defensive and said that housekeeping tried to come clean (one of the issues) and I explained that I spoke to a housekeeping lady before we left the previous afternoon and she told me I hadn't, okay? She then said that she'd have Saaed call me so I wrote my number down. I asked if there was a way to speak/contact Saaed and she stated she couldn't give me his number (understandable). My fiancé became upset as Kim became argumentative and pretty much had no care for our issues, we left as Kim sat at the front desk texting. The experience was unprofessional but at this point I was ready to go home. So here it is Saturday, Saaed never called me and I checked my bank account to see multiple charges. I contact the hotel and was given the run around, the lady told me it was a mistake and that the general manager would have to fix it. I hung up with her and called corporate, who contacted the hotel. I was charged a $150 fee for "room damages", mind you, I cleaned the room before I checked out. I called and spoke to Richard again and he was very apologetic and did not understand why I was charged. According to the notes, per Saaed, "the room was destroyed with infant formula and pizza", this Saaed guy also put into the notes that I was "drunk and accused them of having bed bugs", for one, I was not drunk, for two, I never once mentioned bed bugs, I simply let him know that SOMETHING had bitten my daughter and I. He completely slandered me by accusing me of being drunk and then saying the room was destroyed. My family and I have stayed at several Country Inns & Suites and I've NEVER had issues. I am so upset and sick of getting the run around. I didn't go to anyone looking for a refund or anything but if a customer can't give you feedback on your business, you shouldn't be in the business. I truly feel that because I complained, I was no longer welcome, as I did not feel welcome after speaking with Saaed and being told I could go somewhere else. I should have left when Saaed told me to "go stay somewhere else" but I accepted the linens being changed and moved on. I wasn't looking for any type of stipend or discount, just wanted the issues corrected. I paid a total of $240 for my stay, even though, to me, it was far from worth $240. But to be charged additional fees for a flat out LIE is absolutely ridiculous. I also have pictures of the trash THEY told us to leave outside the door, it was picked up that night but according to Saaeds notes, the room was trashed with that same trash HIS staff took away the night before, so how was it BACK in the room after we checked out? The room was left clean upon my family and I checking out, I have video and pictures, something I do to protect myself from such accusations I will not stop calling this hotel until this is resolved and I will NEVER recommend this location. The customer service is non-existent and Saaed is a very defensive guy that cannot take a complaint of his place of business obviously. Overall, we had issues with housekeeping, customer service, the bathroom door in our room did not close, nor did the door to the area with the king sized bed, there were ants all over the bathroom (coming from cracks) & the bites.This was supposed to be a "vacation" and it was far from. If you our your family are vacationing to MOA or surrounding attractions, please seek shelter elsewhere. Again, I have photo/video proof that the room was not "trashed" nor "damaged" in anyway. I am hoping that Saaed will call and correct this, I will be calling every single day until then.

Room Tip: The hotel is VERY outdated and the photos provided do NOT match what you get.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
1  Thank mbrown18
CI-ShakManagement, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

We are in hospitality business and so we welcome our guests with open arms. We also follow the city and state fire codes and according to our hotel policy, we cannot allow more than 5 people in one room. We learnt that this room had 7 children and 3 adults in the same room. Our housekeepers were NOT allowed to enter the room and when we finally entered this room to clean at 4.00 p.m, we found that the room was completely trashed, baby formula on the carpet and pizza sauce all over the room and on the walls.
Second day, linen, bedding and trash from the room was thrown out in the middle of the hallway and when we addressed those issues with the guest, that did not sit well with them. Our associates were intimidated, cursed every time we came in contact and endured unwarranted threats. Profanities that consisted of mostly “F” words were used every time we tried to explain our position.
So, thank you for your long feedback….

Reviewed March 11, 2018

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
CI-ShakManagement, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Reviewed March 9, 2018

We stayed in an average room, carpets and drapes a little worn as well as the door latch, and management was going to take care of few flaws after we left, comfortable beds, great complimentary breakfast and the pool and exercise room were in great shape.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Dandokpa, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and compliments. We appreciate it and we are so grateful that you brought those items to our attention. We have already addressed those flaws and I assure you that we are good to go. Please stay with us when you return to the Shakopee, MN area.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We love to stay here wonderful staff,got to know them by name and when I was rushed to the hospital they made all arrangement for the ambulance and helped take my husband wrap up the room for him!!!!!

Stayed: December 2017
CI-ShakManagement, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Although we wish that you did not have to rush your husband to the hospital, we are glad that we were able to assist you with your needs. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay again and agree that this is one of the cleanest hotels in Shakopee, MN. We feature second to none friendly and professional guest service, most modern guest room amenities and complimentary hot breakfast buffet at the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Minneapolis-Shakopee, MN.

We hope to see you soon...