All reviews cash discount microwave and fridge water pressure gruff key lake
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I have stayed here 2 times previously and it was fine...today I called to book a room, when I asked if there was a room available I did not understand what he said (he said yes) when I asked him to repeat his answer he screamed at me "I TOLD YOU YES I DO HAVE A ROOM"... I hung up, why anyone would put up with this ungrateful POS is beyond me!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2018

It was the only motel with a room all the way from Ashland to the Canadian border and we chose to walk away. If you ask him to see the room he'll send you away. He'll give you a price, won't tell you about the room at all and says take it or don't. Couldn't ask him anything or he said don't take it then. He seems mean and horrible. He is in the wrong business.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I tried to book two rooms with the owner today and I asked him a few questions. I asked if he charges a deposit, which certainly seemed reasonable to me, and he said "I told you there is a 3 day cancellation, why would I take a deposit?" and I told him I was just inquiring. He said I take a card for guarantee and then I asked if he used that just to hold or was there anything charged to it - I know that typically there isn't, but I just wanted to confirm" he told me "tell me who charges, no one charges, why do you think I'm so dishonest?" and he hung up on me. Real jerk.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melanie V
Reviewed July 30, 2018

This guy is a madman, not just grumpy. He got all up in my grill because I mentioned what day we were checking out on, which he pointedly told me was irrelevant. The straw that broke the camel was when I said I was looking for a 2-room unit, and had him correct me that 2 is plural, and that I should go stay somewhere else. He then hung up. Although I'm more drawn towards a deal than most people, I do have my limits. I will take his advise (though I'm tempted to call back and see if I get Jekyll next time. A stay could be like going to stay with your VERY strange relative. (PS - I did stay here once, and think I only dealt with the son. He was not well versed in the hospitality concept either, but not as bad as his old man).

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank B8600IJdanm
Reviewed July 23, 2018

First I decided to take my 10 year old niece on a road trip very last minute so as you can imagine July 20-22, everything was booked. After many, many calls Mariner had vacancies. I booked the room Thursday for Friday and Saturday and THEN I read the reviews and to say I was leary and concerned is an understatement. When I made the reservation, the man that answered did sound Russian and he sounded rushed but not really rude. He told me the credit card and cash prices and no Amex. Friday, we had the nicest guy check us in (he was not the owner). The room was clean, bathroom was clean, we had a small room (no amenities), great shower pressure. We did not have a bad experience and will definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family