“Small older restaurant but good food”
Review of Laddie Lake Pub - CLOSED

Laddie Lake Pub
Reviewed March 17, 2017

This restaurant has been in the Spring Lake Park community forever it. It used to be Nickalows and now Laddie Lake. Big bright windows make it a nice and open atmosphere. It's not very fancy so very low key dining experience. We had a variety of meals from flat bread, to BLT to burgers and all were good. Prices seemed reasonable. I do have a monthly discount card we were able to use also.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Up until we visited the Laddie Lake Pub I'd never even heard of it. It's older, a little in need of some exterior tlc but once you are seated, Great local service and good food. Not a lot of choices in split park so finding this restaurant was a plus. We are ready to go back and join the local families for a good meal.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

First of all, my son and I just had the best meal in the north Minneapolis suburbs in ages. The menu is continental and Greek. My son had a prime rib "sandwich" that consisted of a thick slab of prime rib over two slices of texas toast with sides of au jus and garlic mashed potatoes. He ate it so fast, we were both laughing over it. I had a house specialty, the chicken phyllo entree, with Greek salad, sauteed vegetables, and a baked potato. All the meals are large. We had no room for dessert. The full bar serves up well made drinks. The service is quick, professional, and friendly, Tony, one of the owners, is easily accessible for a chat. The ambience is quiet with soft background pop music (not overly noticeable), a few small TVs (not annoying!), and a mostly older crowd although a couple of families were visible. In the summer, you can eat on the patio and enjoy the view of Laddie Lake. I noticed other comments about the building and so asked for its history. Laddie Lake Pub occupies a structure owned by the city. Tonight was my first visit in a long while. The interior has been spruced up, but the structure will not be changed. It now looks retro 1960s to me although apparently the building is not so old. The outer walls have a classic octagon form, and the booths and light fixtures recall the old, elegant lounges of urban restaurants (I am thinking of the old Polonaise). The white table cloths are gone (a pity, I say!), but cloth napkins are still used. All the furnishings are in new condition. The style gives the place flair and is a welcome change from nearly every other suburban restaurant. We'll be going back quite soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2016

Generous portions, Greek and American foods. If on a budget go for the specials. Upscale dining. No separation of bar to dining room. Noise can be an issue.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Mike and I can't get enough of this place. I love the lamb with Greek salad and Greek pasta. Last time I ordered the liver and onions and enhaled it! BTW, best burger anywhere! Mike says the lobster/steak special is the best flavor and value. We appreciate the cloth tablecloths/napkins. Cocktail prices can't be beat.