“More than Just a Massage from "Just for Me Spa"”
Review of Just For Me Spa

Just For Me Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Full-service day spa, hair salon, wellness center, Salt Cave and three overnight rental homes. Small and large groups welcome! Experience the magic of a relaxing retreat at Just For Me Spa. "We are committed to inspiring a healthy attitude towards life through our services which help individuals achieve physical, emotional and spiritual well-being."
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 19, 2017

The Healing Magic of “Just for Me Spa” Works for Me

A group of us trooped to the charm city of Stillwater, Minnesota for a day to view the new and old bridges of the magnificent St. Croix, for dinner at one of the popular restaurants of this historic city, for a cone of the noted ice cream, but most particularly to experience the soothing massage and facial offerings of Just for Me Spa.

Not the first time to enjoy the facilities and services of the spa. This time around, the facility sports new and plush accommodations and a range of services to boot. Guests are encouraged to give time for a pleasurable time at the hot tub before the scheduled services. The hot tub was fine but I wished we were informed that a better one was available at another part of the spa. The locker room contained nice robes and flip flops for use. We waited for services at an inviting waiting area which had a selection of teas, coffee and water for refreshment.

My 30-minute facial was fine. I was used to facial with extractions and did not know that this one was simply massage and steam and mask. But it was refreshing.
The highlight of my visit was my massage by Faith. She immediately noticed my limp and promised to relieve me of my pain which has consumed me for over two years. I had been under treatment for muscle deterioration and arthritis of my knees and hips and had not walked normally for a long time. Faith gave special attention to my legs, knees, and hips, focusing on tender points and slowly, tenderly, and deeply massaging me, explaining what she was doing and how to handle the myofascial tissues and affected joints and muscles. When my massage was over, we both were excited to know the results.
I slowly got up from the table, and discovered to amazement that I can walk, without my limp. For the first time in years, I can walk normally without pain. I’ve had hundreds of massages, therapy sessions, acupuncture, chiro, and other medical help, but it took Faith’s hands to allow me to be normal again. One week after my massage, I can still walk without the limp and hope this will last a long time. I will be back for more dose of Faith’s massage in the future. In the meantime, I am also reading up and have registered for energy and vitality self-help sessions which I also learned from Faith. I’ve gotten more than I expected from my massage at Just for Me Spa.

1  Thank lab51
JustForMeSpa, Public Relations Manager at Just For Me Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

What a wonderful review, thank you so much lab51 for your kind words! Priceless! Please come back to visit us again soon.

All reviews
"dimmed"
"session"
"guests"

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful spa weekend with the girls. Lovely retreat home that had everything we needed. Comfy, clean and cozy! We all enjoyed the salt cave on Saturday morning. It was a great new experience. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed July 17, 2017

So great that this little treasure is only an hour away from home. I decided a spa day was needed for my Mom and I. We loved the whole experience. We did the spa experience. We got a massage for 30 minutes. We had Faith and let me tell you she was awesome. That was the best 30 minutes massage I ever had. I would love to go back to her. I've had many massages but this one tops them all. I was drooling by the end. So you know it was a good one. Then I had a facial massage and Judy was amazing too. My face felt so refreshed! It was such a great experience too. I had never had a facial quite like that before. So, relaxing!! Then Mom and I got to have our Pedicures together. Beth was really nice to my Mom.I had Doris. She is good at her job.I just felt that if she was sick she shouldn't have to come to work. It just didn't feel as wonderful as my other sessions were clearly she was miserable and really not wanting to be there. I also will say that both my Mom and I didn't care for the water. I tried to drink, but for being an up class place the water just wasn't as good. It looked inviting with the pitchers with lots of ice and lemon inside. The thing i would say is that the set up was nice. Big changing lockers areas. I liked that there was carpet in the locker area and the robes we got to wear were so soft. We loved the waiting areas and the amenities. The whirlpool, pool and sauna were so wonderful. I only can say that we will be back. We thought about doing it as an annual thing if possible. Loved the spa. Would recommend and be sure to have Faith for your massage and Judy for your facial!! So wonderful!! beautiful grounds, and loved all the waiting areas between sessions!!

1  Thank Lindsay M S
Reviewed March 13, 2017

went in for body massage my husband an i it was great nice place nice atmosphere. this place offers alot of different services. i will go again when in town

See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I had an appointment for the salt cave. I was taken to a room to wait. It was 10 minutes after my apartment time when someone came to see which service I was waiting for. I was taken to the salt cave. There were chairs for 10 people. I was the only one at this session. The ground was covered in Himalayan salt. There are lounge chairs fairly close to each other. I would not have been happy to have 9 other people with me. The lights are dimmed and an automated voice talks about the benefits of the salt. Afterwards, a soundtrack of crashing waves plays for the duration of the 45 minutes. I found the waves annoying. They were loud. I guess it was to drown out the heating system that was running. The waves felt more threatening than calming. I don't know if I would return.