Book In Advance

from US$67.00
from US$51.00
from US$79.00
More Info
All reviews da nang top gear amazing views lang co private car danang city beautiful drive take photos winding road both sides vietnam war scenic route enjoy the view across the road be careful sunny day nice view
Reviewed February 10, 2018

I have just visited the hai van pass (made famous by the amazing scenery and the top gear Vietnam special). I have debated the possibility of riding a bike/scooter over the pass since landing in Vietnam. I know lots of people who have done it, however the roads here are crazy. For the past 8 days I have been debating over and over, however finally deciding to view by car. It was not the full experience and I am slightly gutted, however after seeing that the roads on the pass are no better than those in the towns and city's I am glad with my decision. We hired a taxi for the day to see a few other sights and drive up the pass. Stopping every few mins to take in the beauty and take some pics. We finally made it to the top. It was crazy there. Tens and tens of busses and tourists. We quickly jumped out of the taxi and made our way up the concrete path past all of the tourists. Within a few mins you are alone on the steep path, after about 800m-1km there is an opening allowing you to see all out over the bay. In a peaceful and quiet environment. For some reason everyone stays down by the car park.

1  Thank georgelovell9
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Even on a foggy, cool day at the end of January, touring the Hai Van Pass with a guide by motorcycle was an exceptional experience. The road is very well kept on the Danang side of the summit - a little less so on the Hue side. If I understand correctly, the Vietnamese army keeps a lookout for any hazards in the area. Terrific vistas. I’d do this trip again in a blink.

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Great place to visit and feel the history of the Vietnam war. Weather was awesome - slight drizzle but bearable.
Good month to visit as the weather is very pleasant save for occasional light drizzle. Windy at the pass and need to be careful as it can blow you off your feet.
Overall it was fantastic and my last visit was 20 years ago and it still amazes me now.
Five thumbs up for the magnificent view.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

we rented one way motorbikes from Hue to Hoi An just to go over the Hai Van Pass . This was one of my 5 month trip highlights. The views are astonishing and the road is really quiet so you can easily stop anywhere you want to take photos or just enjoy the views. At the top on the pass there is a selection of coffee shops/ shops trying to sell you overpriced stuff but this is a given .

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank nickg280
Reviewed January 26, 2018

We rented motorbikes and spent the day travelling from Hue to Hoi An. Its so easy to do this now as so many companies offer to take your luggage and rent one way bikes. The scenery was STUNNING and it was one of the best days we have had travelling south east Asia. The roads are big and good quality. I have only ridden a bike twice and I felt very safe.

Date of experience: January 2018