“Great Hotel”

C'mon Inn
Minnesota
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was plesantly suprised, the hotel was very nice and clean, we did have trouble with the hot water, the lady at the front desk gave us a discount at check out...The breakfast was great!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2travl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Not sure why the C'Mon Inn is included in the B&B section for Thief River Falls...it's really not a lot different than a typical Days Inn or Holiday Inn Express. But nevertheless...

My wife and I spent one night at the C'Mon Inn at the beginning of our Minnesota roadtrip and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean and the king-sized bed "uber-comfy". Reclining chair, 42" plasma TV...what more could we want? The room was one of the jacuzzi suites so was very large. (Did you know that it's tough to watch TV from the jacuzzi while the whirlpool jets are turned on?...lol).

Our room faced out to the parking lot (which is what we wanted). When booking a room, be aware that many of the rooms open right into the pool area. This can either be a bonus (for quick access to the pool) or a detriment (as the pool area can get quite noisy during the day and evening).

It did seem rather odd to us that the pool is right next to the lobby with no walls in-between. As a result, the smell of chlorine hits you as soon as you walk in the building. In addition, this is the same area where the continental breakfast is served so you're dealing with the same smell while eating. It wasn't an overpowering smell for us...but we could see how this might bother some people.

The breakfast itself was OK...nothing great. They did have hard-boiled eggs and yogourt in addition to the usual toast, cereal, etc. Front-desk staff were friendly and helpful.

No real complaints...would not hesitate to stay at the C'Mon Inn again if ever we're in Thief River Falls.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheFamilyPLAR
Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The exterior is neatly maintained, and when you walk into the hotel, you walk into the open atrium pool and hot tub area, with stairs leading to the upstairs room and the check-in desk immediately to your left. There is a small lobby/reception area with television and couches to your right, and a small breakfast area next to the pool. If there was an elevator, I did not see one, and my room was on the second floor, although it was not a concern for me. Many of the first floor rooms opened to the pool area, and many second floor rooms looked out into the pool area. Mine looked over the pool area and while there were several people using the hot tub during the evening, I never heard noise from the pool -- mind you, this was not a group of kids yelling, splashing and running around, though.

The room was great particularly for the reasonable price -- I have stayed in rooms paying 50-75% more that are not as nicely appointed. An pleasant touch as I checked out, the desk clerk noted I was traveling on business and gave me the corporate rate which I had not booked or noticed when reserving the room through the online reservations. The bed was extremely comfortable with a nice variety of pillows and duvet-type covering -- when I complimented the desk clerk on the comfortable room as I checked out, she indicated the beds were slotted for updating that fall. A newer large flat-screen television with cable t.v. options and HBO, microwave, small fridge, coffeemaker with coffee packets, and nice bathroom amenities (Rusk brand shampoo, soap, etc.). Bathroom was bright, spacious and clean. The desk provided a plug for Internet connection which I believe was free, but it was not wi-fi and you would have needed the connection cord.

In the morning, a basic complimentary continental breakfast was provided - juice, coffee, bagels, fruit, etc. While the website suggested a very comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in a community of relatively few options, I will definitely return here next time I am in the area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MNnortherner
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 5 February 2010

Stayed at the C'mon Inn for a youth hockey tournament. There was one other team there at the same time. Our stay was very nice. The rooms were comfortable and each one has a nice 42" plasma TV.

My room was clean and well appointed. It all looked pretty new, as well. The bathroom was clean and bright.

The check in staff was organized and checked our entire group in (we arrived all together on a coach) in under 15 minutes. This was a real plus after a 7 hour motor coach trip. They had even brought in an extra staff person to assist with check-in. We all really appreciated that!

They set up a small continental breakfast each morning that we all took advantage of. They had a bread/bagel assortment, cereals (hot and cold), juice and sweet rolls and donuts. There are other options near by if that doesn't suit your taste.

The hotel let our team set up an area by the pool for a team meal and were very accommodating during our entire stay. Overall, a very nice stay

We every January for hockey and this was our first stay at the C'mon Inn (we had been staying elsewhere). We will definitely stay at the C'mon Inn again next year.

• Stayed January 2010
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Wobderful experience! Staff was very kind, caring, accomodating, and very efficient! The manager personally put out flowers and champagne for me as I requested! Will always stay here! Staff was so wonderful and the room was really clean and very comfortable! Stay here if you stay in Third River Falls!

• Stayed January 2010
Boston
Reviewed 8 July 2008

When I booked my hotel here, I laughed at the name for days! This I thought was going to be an adventure,....something that actually builds character. I have to say I have stayed in really bad hotels before...but I would not rate this hotel as bad. Giving this a neutral rating since I was quite dumb shocked to see 42" Plasma TV (analog signal only, no HDTV), and a leather recliner in the room. The hotel room was clean and pleasant. I thought the bed was not made very well, the sheets were kinda loose...but thats like nit picking.
The hotel lobby has the swimming pool and the hot tub right there...yes, not more than 10 feet from the front desk. So needless to say, the lobby smells of chlorine. No alcohol can be bought from the hotel....but there is a gas station that sells beer about 200 yards from the hotel. Its also very near a 24 hour Wal-mart, a dollar store, and some other random stores. I didnt mind the hotel at all....the name still gives me a chuckle!

• Liked — Clean rooms, Plasma 42" TV, etc
  • Disliked — Its pretty much a motel
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank swash
Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 October 2007

Our stay was at Thief River Falls from Oct.12/07 to Oct.14/07.

We were 5 couples and it was a gathering for a 40th Wedding Anniversary.

Because I wanted to make sure that the reservations were specific and didn't want any discrepancies, I phoned the C'mon Inn Thief River Falls directly and not the 1-800 number. Perhaps my first mistake. When I talked to the desk clerk she was polite and I stated that I wanted to make reservations for 5 couples. 4 for Oct 12th (Fri) to Oct 14th (Sun). I also wanted 1 reservation for Oct 13th (Sat) to Oct 14th (Sun). I asked if they had poolside rooms available for all the rooms and I was told yes. Perfect, I made the reservations and was given confirmation numbers for all the rooms. Also of note, the reservations were made 4 weeks in advance.

We arrive on Friday (Oct 12th) and I see my Mother and Father-in-Law by the pool. Our 3 children see their Grandparents and run over to see them. I proceed to check in and here is where the problems begin. I give the girl at the front desk our name and the reservation numbers. I'm told that there is only 1 room reserved for the Friday and the 1 room reserved for the Saturday. I ask the girl what happened to the other 3 reservations. She asked to see the confirmation numbers and told me that they are not in the system and that one of the numbers I gave her were for someone I never heard of. In a rude manner which caught me off guard she told me that there is no reservations under the numbers I gave her. Which brings to question, what good are confirmation numbers if they're not in the system or they reserve the room to someone else.

At this point I am a little annoyed and asked if there is still any poolside rooms available because one of the other couples has a new born baby. I am told there is only 1 main floor poolside room available and 2 on the second floor also poolside. The reservation for Saturday is still poolside. Through all of this, I could hear the manager in her office shuffling paper because her door was open and it was right by the front desk. She didn't even bother to come and see what the problem was. She decided to ignore the situation. What was even more surprising was the poor attitude and tone of voice/body language that the front desk clerk was using. She informed me that 3 of the 5 confirmation numbers didn't exist. Hello, they gave me the confirmation numbers a month ago. I have 2 correct confirmation numbers and 3 bad ones. I wonder who made the mistake!! She was at least able to find us another 3 rooms and said we would get 15% of the rooms. I told her that after all of this I would like 15% off all the rooms. She rudely told me "Sir, that is what I am trying to Do". Again I couldn't believe the tone being used. Instead of being polite and apologetic for all the confusion and not to mention the mistake made on the part of C'mon Inn, it was more like I was annoying her and it was my mistake that all this was happening.

In terms of the hotel itself, it is very nice and clean. The pool area is very nice and well furnished with plenty of tables and comfortable swivel lounge chairs. The pool towels seemed to disappear pretty fast and were not refilled until the next morning. The continental breakfast is okay. Your typical bread, bagel, muffin and donuts. Few fruits and some cereals. Enough to get the day going.

Check out time. This again was a you have to be kidding me episodes with the front desk clerk. After the check-in episode, I figured check-out had to be better. Wrong. I receive my bill for the 2 night stay and the first thing I noticed is that I was only given 10% off instead of the 15% I was told I would receive. Here we go again. The front desk clerk was very rude and unprofessional and argued with me that only the 3 rooms that were not reserved would receive the discount. I reminded her that she said I would receive 15% off all the rooms because of the mix up on Friday. She said I was wrong. As this continued, there were other guests wanting to check-out as well. At one point, one of the guests waiting couldn't believe what was happening and threw the card keys on the desk and said "I can't believe this. Mail me my bill, I have 4 kids and can't keep waiting like this". She then went on to tell the front desk clerk to give me the discount already and that she didn't even know me but couldn't believe how I was being treated as a customer. She told the front desk clerk that she has been in the customer service industry for many years and has never seen anything more unprofessional. She went on to say that the tone of voice and body language was horrible and that the front desk clerk has the problem and not myself. I thanked the person because it reassured me I was not losing my marbles. A weekend that was supposed to be filled with rest and relaxation, not to mention celebrating a 40th wedding anniversary was spoiled by the acts and rudeness of the front desk clerk.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)