“A Delight For All Senses”

Amaru Melbourne Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Armadale
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I was fortunate enough to join my parents in sharing their incredibly special occasion of their 25th wedding anniversary at Amaru. What an absolutely stunning night it was, and more-so a truely unforgettable experience. We were greeted by the restaurant manager who welcomed us with an open smile and showed us to our table; a quaint table for three with plenty of room even for one in an electric wheelchair. We chose the four course option and what followed was an unimaginable eruption of flavours that I for one, never knew existed. The ambience was phenomenal. The description of each plate was detailed yet unpretentious. The food was simply perplexing.

What blew me away was the level of detail and attention Amaru paid to us as guests.
My mother is a fighter, a fighter who survived a debilitating stroke that left her left side immobile. The chefs in the kitchen noted this without us saying nor indicating anything as we did not want to bother them, yet any delicacy that needed to be cut up, had been done so already, just for my mum. It was a night we'll remember for a long time to come. Bravo to the team at Amaru.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We had the 8 course tasting menu. Every course was delightful and amazing. We could not fault any dish.
Ambience was just nice and lovely.
Service was first class.
The head chef came around and served us as well with the typical Queensland hospitality.
My best dish was the kangaroo meat! Guess it was from Central Queensland, where we lived for 34 years!
Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 9, 2018

On a recommendation and for our 26th Wedding Anniversary we managed to get a seat at the Chef's table. We have been lucky enough to eat in some amazing restaurants around the world and Amaru is on par.
Sitting at the Chef's table which is a bar with comfortable seats, seating a maximum of 6 people adjacent to the kitchen you see everything that this small kitchen produces. It's also the Sensory Menu.
What an amazing journey with wonderful flavours, some surprises and we argued over which course was the best. We also paired with wines for something different. And the staff were a highlight as well.
We will absolutely go again without question. A highlight of many amazing culinary experiences.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2018

When booking this restaurant (only online) the menu is described as a sensory experience. It certainly is, and over the course of 2 and a half hours, 10 (I lost count) dishes are served. First snack sized, and getting larger as you make your way through the degustation.

Small and intimate (about 10 tables) , great service including the chefs delivering to your table. Currently Melbourne's best fine dining restaurant in my book. Booking online also allows you to see the menu ( and the fixed price) so there are no surprises.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Wonderful restaurant, to my mind the best in Melbourne. I have been here a number of times but on this occasion I had just dined at the fantastic Brae and on this night it surpassed that rural gem. Clinton McIver and team don't just serve wonderful food, the service is superb from a team that works in perfect harmony. Dishes are introduced at your table with pride and you are salivating by the time they finish their description. From the outside you can walk straight past, housed as it is in a shopping strip in up market Armidale. Inside is a transformation. The long room is set out beautifully and of note is the wonderful space between tables so you have a truly private dining experience, That said my favourite experience is sitting at the Chefs Bar watching all the action in the kitchen. A wonderful place.

Date of visit: December 2017