“Always Impresses!”

Singapore Hawker Chinese Foods
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Willetton
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Singapore Hawkers has been our go to Singaporean, Chinese and Hong Kong style restaurant for 15 or 20 years now and it's always hit the mark with the quality of food and so much so, that I'm happy to recommend this to all of my friends, family and acquaintances, which as far as Asian restaurants go, I can only say the same for one other restaurant in Perth.

My personal favourites are the Won Ton Mee Dry aka Char Siu Mee with fresh char siu pork and the best noodles in the best sauce and overall a better dish than what you get at the Noodle Forum in Perth and for my tastes is better than anything that I got in Singapore and Malaysia on my last trip. Sometimes the char siu pork can vary in quality and although consistency is of utmost importance, it's rare that their pork is less than good. Just make sure that you ask for extra sambal on the side, so you can adjust for taste.

Along with their Won Ton Mee, their Squid Tentacles are also world class and are always crispy and not over-battered like other places. The blend of flavours is perfectly balanced for my liking and many of my friends that I've recommend try them, also agree that they are some of the best that they've had.

The service isn't great but acceptable and the prices are good too. The place has just undergone a renovation, so it doesn't feel like you're in some back street restaurant anymore and there's usually lots of Asians in there which coming from me an Asian too, is always a good sign.

I really enjoy the Lor Bak too and their BBQ offerings of roast pork and duck and their Laksa is a winner too. I'm not a big fan of their Mee Goreng or Char Kway Teow though but they're still quite good. The soft shell crab is nice and in the same ilk as the squid tentacles, the Patagonian Toothfish and the Sweet and Sour dishes are also worth a look.

Cheers and enjoy!

1  Thank jetboy223
There are newer reviews for Singapore Hawker Chinese Foods

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I noticed several people waiting for takeaways whislt I dined in. They all waited a very long time with many becoming irate as they had already paid and cannot walk out.
I heard the counter girl offering apologies repeatedly.
We waited a long time too for two noodle dishes.
It tasted less flavoursome compared to previously. There is also inconsistency in the portion size, as one plate was huge,mwhilst the other same dish was half the size. Very bad value for the customer having the smaller plate!!

Service was dismal, tables dirty, environment unpleasantly filthy, scum on floor and walls, even chairs are slimy.
If you don't mind a slghtly stained pants from sitting down, cheap bite just to fill your hunger, then come in, order, eat and leave.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

have used this restaurant many times, mainly when I wish to have a curry. Delectable. A bit slower than next door but takes nothing away from the quality

Reviewed 22 June 2015

I've been patronizing this restaurant for over 15 years now. The cuisine has been acceptably good for most times. But recently I discovered that there is a new owner in town who has unabashedly increased food prices all round. For example, my favorite seafood hor fun/crispy noodle has zoomed up from the previous $12.50 to a lofty price of $17.00. The average tab for four people now is $70 compared with the past usual of $55.00. Albeit that its quality has remained good, as the chief chef has stayed behind to facilitate the transition, I am now exploring alternative options in the vicinity. I've found a few good candidates in the Bannister Road area which meet my requirements.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Looking for cheap excellent quality food?
Head straight to the Peoples Park Complex at Chinatown MRT station. Lunch for $3 Per person. Beautiful food in genuine style sitting with the locals. Been here 4 times now and every time has been faultless.