“Any day but seafood Thursday I guess.”
Review of Tradewinds Buffet

Tradewinds Buffet
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Welch
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Description: Get your fill of all your favorite all-you-can-eats at Tradewinds Buffet. We've got nine different buffet stations packed with loads of exciting cuisine like a baked potato bar, rotisserie chicken, freshly made pizza, roast beef, ham, peel-and-eat shrimp, crepes, gelato and more. Join us Wednesdays for an all-you-can-eat pasta bar, Fridays and Saturdays for Prime Rib or our signature Seafood Buffet every Thursday night. Menu may change for holidays or specials.
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I often think I should just start with dessert, but I would probably finish with it too. It is a buffet so it's not going to be something incredible you've never had before but it is good food and all you can eat. I really like the desserts.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I have lived in Minnesota for most of my life but have never been to Treasure Island Casino. I am not a big gambler so I didn't see a reason to go there. Well......we won three free buffet coupons at a Twins Game so we decided to try it out.

It was easy to find the casino and there was plenty of parking available when we arrived on a Wednesday night. Since we had never been there before I didn't know where the buffet was inside the casino so we took a chance and parked at the South end of the parking lot by the Bingo entrance. Turns out Tradewinds is located more towards the North end so if you have trouble walking a long distance keep that in mind.

There was a short wait to get in and then someone showed us to a table. A server (Grace) appeared almost immediately and asked if we would like to order drinks. Since we had just walked right past the self serve drink station I assumed she was asking about cocktails but soon found out the servers will bring any kind of drinks and the refills. When Grace found out it was our first time at the buffet she gave us a brief overview before disappearing to make my son a Cherry Lemonade. The restaurant has plenty of booths and tables and they are not situated right on top of one another. I did not notice any cigarette smoke in the restaurant which was wonderful.

There are numerous hot and cold food stations and all of them were immaculate. There were no empty trays and I noticed numerous employees buzzing about constantly filling everything as soon as the tray was nearing empty. All of the food choices were clearly marked so you knew what it was but there were plenty of employees around if you still had questions. Some things were made to order like pizza, stir fry, pasta and crepes. I have never been to a buffet with so many made to order food choices.

The salad bar was almost overwhelming. There are easily a hundred items to choose from and everything we had was fresh. All of us tried completely different things and we decided our favorites were the pulled pork, pot roast and crepes. The pork was full of flavor and the pot roast was free from fat and fall apart on your fork tender. Yum!

Grace kept our drinks refilled constantly and removed used plates as soon as we were done with them. She was always smiling and we enjoyed her service.

Overall, we were very happy with everything. The regular price for the buffet on Wednesday nights is $18.50 which means we can't make this a weekly outing for our family, but I noticed they have a seafood buffet on Thursday nights so we might save up and try that sometime soon!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank djrevoir
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I much prefer going to a sit down place where I can order food as I like it. Never have hot food and very little, if any, seasoning cooked into food. Just tend to eat too much of average quality fare when can get a fine meal at the steakhouse or a cafe.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We were visiting Red Wing and my husband saw that there was Prime Rib special for Saturday night and decided we needed to do the buffet. Waiting 25 minutes in line was a bit rough when we were starving but it was worth it. Loved the variety of food, including a perfect prime rib for him and I loved the make your own stir fry and pizza stations. We really enjoyed it for a casino buffet, plus I loved it was smoke free as a non-smoker in a very smokey casino (yes, I know to expect that).

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017

This was only our second visit to the Tradewinds Buffet.. since we are really not much on gambling/gaming. The variety of food is terrific.. and the food quite good. The salads on the salad bar didn't seem totally fresh..but all else was very good..and the service was excellent. No complaints..and I will return. p.s. Also won $50 in FREE pull tabs..so it was a great night.

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Tradewinds Buffet? Share your experiences!