All reviews room was clean front desk waffles quiet hotel hot tub business trip pool area st paul mn bonfire inns accommodations cleanliness chain highway refrigerator
Reviewed February 16, 2017

We stayed at this location for a hockey tournament and didn't have any major issues. We didn't visit the front desk as we used electronic key so not much interaction with staff but the interaction that we did have was very pleasant. The breakfast staff was very friendly and there were some things on the buffet that we don't see in every place (fruit stuffed rolled pancake things). Other wise breakfast was the normal Hampton fare. I was a little surprised that we didn't have a refrigerator or microwave in our room as it is pretty customary at this price point. Also had a couple of minor things in the room like the toilet seat being very, very loose. Don't understand how that doesn't get reported by housekeeping, but the problem is amazingly common lately. No question this is an older property, but location, staff and cleanliness is very good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Breakfast old and not fresh. Poor quality. Old bldg with new paint. Pool terrible couldn't stand the smell. Good beds, the best part of the stay. Elevator was veerrryyy slow. Not the qaulity of stay I expected from a Hampton.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Dear W7477AYryanf,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Minneapolis St. Paul Woodbury. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our comfortable Hampton beds. However, I'm sorry to hear our pool and complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with my team to ensure that any deficiencies are corrected. I hope we will have another chance to host you during your next stay in Woodbury.

Christina D.

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed up here for a volleyball tournament. The rooms are nice as usual that you would expect from a Hampton Inn. As it is my preferred hotel. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast that we usually expect from Hampton Inns seems a little under par. I really just walked through though and didn't see what I was expecting so I didn't eat plus I was on a time crunch. So I may have missed something.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2017

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn property one night recently, over a weekend. Upon entering the main lobby, we noticed a large gathering of people by the front desk, which seemed strange for 3PM. We were told by the friendly front desk gal, that their key system wasn't working, so they had to take people up to their rooms and open the doors manually, one party at a time (door keys to be delivered later when said problem was resolved). Accordingly, we also noticed that the Digital Key that we requested on the Hilton App was not working, and were told that the problems also applied to Digital Key. So, we waited, but not very long, for the front desk to take us up to our room. We WERE recognized as Hilton Diamond however, and were given the check-in snacks as per Hampton standard. Cleanliness of room was great, however there was a lot of popcorn scattered up and down the hallways by groups of sloppy hockey team players. Room was hard to regulate the temperature very well, seemed too warm despite turning down the temp on the register. So, we opened the window a crack to help. Breakfast was adequate and up to Hampton standard. Everyone we met during our stay that worked for the hotel was quite nice, but they were frustrated with the key problem and really apologized for all the issues it caused.
Overall decent stay and would come back as the issues seemed to be more a problem of Hilton Corporate instead of the hotel itself.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2017

We were celebrating my husband's birthday. We were not told ahead of time that the hot tub wasn't working. When we checked in on Friday afternoon we asked when it would be repaired. The front desk said in the morning. In the morning it was still closed. We were told it was fixed and had to heat up from 68 degrees. When we checked out on Sunday it was still not repaired. We always use the hot tub. This was a disappointment.

Date of stay: January 2017