“Convenient for an event; Would not be my 1st choice”

Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Reviewed 5 May 2016

A family member was married in Bay St Louis and made arrangements for a block of rooms in this hotel. It was convenient and adequate but I personally would not stay here again. I do not gamble nor do I smoke. You have to pass through the casino to get to the rooms. The room was a god size but the sheets were too small for the bed and were not tucked in on the sides. By morning the sheets were a mess.
There is a fitness center but it is laughable it is so small. Yeah advertise they have a lazy river pool but it just looked like a oversize pool with an island in the middle to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mkshaefer
Charla F, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you for visiting with us, I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations while you were here. In the future, if you decide to stay with us again, we do have another entrance in addition to the casino entrance, this way you can avoid the smoke. I understand and can empathize with you. We will definitely take your comments into consideration and again, Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your comments with us.

There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We were in Bay St Louis for our nieces wedding and most of the out of town guests stayed here. The rooms are clean and a good size. The hotel offers free wi fi and there is a pool and 24 hour fitness room. It would have been nice to have a safe in the room but we didn't feel there were any security issues. We stayed on a higher floor and I would worry the lower floors may smell of smoke from the casino. The smell is overpowering any time you are on the main floor. All of the staff were excellent, very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for the very nice review, we truly appreciate the kind words and compliments. We are glad that you felt safe and secure during your visit with us. Our staff is our number 1 asset and we appreciate their hard work and dedication they provide here at Hollywood! Thank you for visiting here with us, I hope we get to see you soon.

All the Best!

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a Jr. suite and it was great having the extra room. The room was clean. Pluses: space, bayview, quiet, close to the elevator, 12th floor, King bed, customer service throughout the casino and golf club was awesome! Minuses: TV reception/lack of stations, Internet quality, fitness center treadmills, lack of playback on the slots. I don't expect to win at every casino outing but I would like the opportunity to be entertained for a while! If you cant keep up the maintenance on the fitness equipment put signs up or close it down.
I understand you want everyone in the casino and not in their room watching TV but dang I can't play 24/7! (1)slots so tight you can't last long (2) gotta sleep/rest a little on vacation. The property is great and the town is wonderful.
Guys get it together!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for the feedback! We certainly appreciate it. I have notified the appropriate departments so they can address the issues you had. Due to having satellite, sometimes we do have intermittent issues with our reception. I am glad to see you that our staff was awesome, we strive to ensure our guests are happy.
Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

I booked a room having never been to the Bay St. Louis area, and relying on info from the Internet about the hotel. Because of it's comparatively cheaper rates than other gulf hotels I looked at, I wasn't expecting a lot.
However my friend and I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our room had a great view, it was quiet, the beds extremely comfortable. The staff were all pleasant and accommodating. The pool and hot tub were absolutely wonderful! The three restaurants were average for casino, but our 1/2 price lunch buffet was WELL worth the price!
I would definitely revisit this hotel!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank tobymargo
Charla F, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Thank you for the nice review, we certainly appreciate it. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our TEAM strives to deliver the best service we can, so thank you for your kind words.

We do hope to see you back again soon.
Truly,

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel is nice. It's not that amazing but it was decent, nothing fancy. The best part of the casino is the buffet. The casino is for a more older crowd. Mainly retired people. Even when I go visit Biloxi, I still find my way to this casino buffet. Everything taste like it was made by your grandma. I have no complaints about this place.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ja'Lisa S
Charla F, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you for the nice review ! Its guests like you that take the time out of their day to let us know how we are doing. Thank you!!
We appreciate the feedback and I will definitely be sure to pass the information on to the correct departments for review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the buffet and hope to see you back again soon.

Truly,

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Spent a weekend here, the park office is closed! Wanted me to share a site with another camper when the park had open sites. Did the lunch buffet, it was a deal but the downstairs smoke just destroys the food upstairs. Not impressed with their customer care, it didn't exist.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank Jeff M

Thank you for the review, we appreciate any and all feedback we can get. I want to first apologize as we fell short of the expectation on Customer Service as that is definitely not what we are about. I would like to reach out to you personally and get more information from you.

Please contact me at your convenience.

228.469.2100 ext 4067
charla.Fontenot@pngaming.com

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Spent 5 nights here. really nice room, quiet. Little cafe by slots, great breakfast at reasonable prices. We stayed there on a special of $39.00 per nite, left on Friday am cause the price jumped up to 129.00 a nite for weekends. Outrageous for the same room. Hotel close to everything you would want to see. really nice RV park beside hotel too, very clean.

Room Tip: Check for specials online before booking!!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H

Thank you for the nice review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate any and all feedback we can get. We are happy to see you that you enjoyed your stay while you were here. We do hope to see you back again soon!

Hospitably,

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Diamondhead
40.2 km away
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites

Been to Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!