All reviews hollywood casino epic buffet bay st valet parking shrimp coffee shop view of the bay nice room nice stay new orleans stayed nights road trip parking lot gambling slots biloxi steakhouse
Reviewed May 16, 2017

We were looking for a reasonable rate and found it at Hollywood Casino. The room was well appointed, comfortable and quiet. The view from our room was calming. The smoke was not appealing but we took short walks to limit that.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I was there for a conference last week. Although the building itself seems to be in pretty good shape, the customer experience was horrible.

I tried to check in at 3pm and was told the room would be ready in about 45 minutes. Well, they kept telling me that up to 7:30 pm!! I wasn't the only one because I could see and hear an entire lobby full of guests trying to check in only to find out they would have to wait for hours. Because of this delay my co worker and I missed the opening reception and dinner at our conference due to not being able to shower and change.

When we finally received our room it was not what we had reserved. Our company has a "two to a room" policy and the room they gave us had only one bed. No sympathy from the front desk either. They argued with me and tried to claim I mistakenly reserved the wrong room type. Finally they admitted their mistake and made no attempt to remedy it. I was finally able to convince them to send up a roll away bed. We would have left but the conference we were attending was being held at the hotel.

The night did not get any better. We went to the Buffet to get something to eat. Please take my advice and NEVER eat there. Good thing I asked to browse the line before being seated. The food was greasy looking and had been sitting there for quite some time. Additionally, the place was dirty and smelly.

We went upstairs to the steak house hoping for a better experience. At least the food their was edible but that is about all I can say about it. Oh yeah, it was also way overpriced.

In conclusion I would recommend a tent along the riverbank before ever staying here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank erickl1000
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Here for a conference. I checked in at 3:00 and got my room without problems. Others in our group who arrived later had to wait until 10:00 PM to get theirs. The cleaning staff was way behind and mgmt had not planned for this at all. AT 9 PM when I turned in for the night, the cleaning carts were still working in my hallway. WiFi is awful to non-existent in most locations most of the time. Smoke from the slots room wafts into non-smoking areas, like the lobby. My no smoking room was fine however. The catered hotel food at our conference was excellent and a high point of the stay. The staff has been 100% attentive and friendly. The room is nice and light, although the furnishings show some wear and the towel shelf is hung on a slant. The bed is average and pillows are poor. Room service prices are reasonable. You get a $5 hotel voucher if you do not use daily maid service. A 1/2 lb of fudge is $5 in the hotel shop. Sounds like a good swap to me. i did not eat in the hotel restaurants or use the casino. There are 2 pools and they seem to be nice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the Hotel area for check in at 4:20. The desk clerk was not friendly even after I attempted to make conversation. The attendant looked up my reservation then I ran my card. The attendant then told me it would be at least an hour before my room was ready. I was shocked at 4:20 in the afternoon no rooms are ready. No one checking in was getting a room. If you got there at 1:30 then your room was ready but everyone else was waiting. She stated I could wait by the pool. You cannot access the pool without a Room Key.
There is no excuse for a professional hotel to have all their customers waiting for a room. The hotel needs leadership. If there was leadership the hotel would be operating efficiently. Poor service, poor attitude, and unacceptable. No conventions should book this hotel. Or guests stay here. Elderly people trying to hold bags and find a place to stand around. The only places to stand or sit are in smoking areas.

Highly disappointed in Hollywood casino and Hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacie700
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Hotel room was spacious and overlooked the Jordan river. Beds were comfortable, a/c quiet and an enclosed vanity. Room was clean and had large windows. Only problem, casino was very quiet too, thus employees get less tips and it showed. I go to a casino to have fun so at least smile when you take my money.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family