All reviews kitchenette room souvenir shop biloxi beach needed a place to stay stayed here for one night waffle house gulf of mexico visiting biloxi new orleans great room irma cons katrina plug housekeeper coast gambling
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

An anecdote: I was sitting in the car getting ready to go back into the hotel when I saw a young man at the back of the hotel, waiting with a fanny pack. A car pulled up, he got in, and after a minute, he got out. I witnessed my first drug deal at this motel. On to the review:

My husband and I decided to take a budget birthday trip this year on a whim (3/22-3/24). We typically stay in four star accommodations or use Airbnb whenever we travel, but we really wanted to go to several places and not lose the house due to not being able to afford the mortgage, so we took the budget route due to time of year (Spring Break jacking all the prices up). Poor planning, plain and simple. We chose this location as the first stop of our trip, staying here two days and Destin for the other two. We figured that it wouldn’t be that bad because it was near tough competition (casinos and beach houses). Man, we were wrong.
Now, I’m not some uppity dame from the suburbs. I grew up with the toughest of them, in some pretty bad conditions. I say all this to say that even with my upbringing, I was scared and disgusted. The hallways were the first indication of trouble. It smelled like bug spray, dog, and syrup. It appeared clean enough, so we continued to the room. We stayed in room 217 which is handicap-assessable. The room was pretty big, and there was no carpet. This is typically a good thing, but the floors were gross. I’m talking about stick-to-your-soles gross. I wore shoes the entire time, even in the shower. The bed was a thin mattress on a plywood platform. It was juuuuuuuuuuust clean enough to stay, but you’re going to be absolutely miserable while you are there. The bathroom had been wiped down, but there was hair in the tub and on the floor. One plus: the condition of the water was great. My skin wasn’t dry or itchy (which it typically is) after getting out of the shower.
My husband talked me into staying the two nights because we’d hardly be in the room with everything we had planned. I didn’t want to, but I stuck it out for him. I didn’t sit on anything but the bed (there was a bench and chair in the room that were both dirty). We didn’t bother telling management because of their stank attitudes. Housekeeping was nice, but everyone else had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.
TL/DR: Just Say No, kids. Don’t even do it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Tia, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the atypical service inconveniences you experienced. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I had a really bad experience at a different hotel in Gulfport, so had to find another quickly and without reservation. I took a chance and stopped at Motel 6. The cashier was very friendly, applied my discount without question, answered all my questions. My room was attractive. It didn't have a microwave, nor a refrigerator, nor a coffee maker. That's okay with me. I didn't need a microwave, nor a refrigerator, nor a coffee maker. While those are nice to have, how often do you really use them? I needed a clean shower and a comfortable bed and I got both.

This hotel is located directly across the highway from the ocean. Because land is such a premium, the building is North - South rather than East - West, so the rooms don't have ocean views. While the view would have been ideal, many hotels on Beach Blvd are so constructed. Many also claim to be on the beach when, in actuality, they are across the busy highway. That's okay. I am usually asleep when I am in my room and I understand the cost of a room with a view.

I like this hotel. I was in town for a trial which was, of course, held over another day. So, I returned and was happy that I was able to get a room without paying an exorbitant amount.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Vonnie C
Reviewed March 15, 2018

This was a great visit ever to a motel 6, clean, friendly staff, right across from the white sandy beach loved it. Close to a lot of seafood restaurant there where a few things for the kids to do as well as the casinos. Value was good

Room Tip: I would ask for a 3rd floor room it's a little quieter there
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Ok, me and my family took a mini vacation and I found this room on booking .com. Did not realize my room came with nothing until I got here. No iron, no ironing board, no fridge, no blow dryer, no microwave, barely any tissue on the roll in the bathroom. When I called the office for an iron, the front desk pretended to be remorseful but still had a bit of an attitude. Not long after my husband ran into a staff member in the hallway who made an effort to go find an iron. If you need anything and call the front desk, they say you have to come get it and with an attitude. One lady who was nice on the night shift explained that she was the only one on duty therefore she couldn't bring it to my room. I told her I understand and she seemed very genuine. Throughout the day I had to keep going to the front to get towels. No one came to get our old ones in two days, nor did they come get our garbage although there was a cart with a cleaning person on our floor each day. I also asked for a room with a fridge willing to pay extra because I have medicine that needs to be refrigerated and was told there were no other rooms available and that I could bring it downstairs and put it in the office's fridge. There was no wifi and the elevator stopped working several times and made loud popping noises when it did. The hallways had an odor and some of the staff were not too friendly. I will never stay in another Motel 6 again, I should have went were I always go when I come to Biloxi! Thank u

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Biloxi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Lenita, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I have stayed in many motels, even ones I wouldn't put my mother in law in. This Motel 6 has been the worst stay I experienced EVER.( I am a very understanding person, and I really give any place the benefit, because I am a realist and I don't have unrealistic expectations.) Here the front office woman was very direct and stern. I almost lost my temper the way she was speaking to my grandmother. She seemed very condescending, and short answered. (However, after listening to her interact with customers the next day, I feel she is just wired this way and does not mean to be "rude" but she does not come off pleasant at all) We were told that due to availability we would have to stay in the handicap room. (Oddly enough, I noticed people walking in off the street to order rooms and they were accommodated, but maybe I was mistaken) The room was mediocre at best, but It was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was no microwave nor fridge, although it is advertised at this location. At any Motel 6 there is a "closet" to hang items and a rack for items. This place had a 16 inch wide and maybe 4 feet high "space" for clothes and items. The television worked in spurts, the tub had no plug, which almost every motel 6 has one. Not to mention WiFi is not free, which some of the worst places I have been have free WiFi(go figure). The most enjoyable feature was the "nook" with cushioned seating and table was nice. I felt like if I were handicapped, I would be very upset at the lack of basic items the other rooms have. I would even go as far as to say it was a little discriminating. I stayed a few days because my sweet grandmother is stubborn and pays for everything, so we were stuck. I lost access to my room at least twice daily and had to keep going to the counter to get them to "reset" the door card. It was very frustrating, especially at 4 am in 20 degree weather and you "run" to your car in shorts and a t-shirt only to discover your card doesn't work and you have to walk 75 yards to the front entrance. My last complaint and most detrimental to my stay here: I left my room at 3am our last night to retrieve ice. I could not find the machine, so I walked up front and asked the attendant who was mopping the entryway. She gave me direction and I thanked her: however, upon returning to my room she asked if I had found the ice machine and I said yes. She further stated " Anything else you need so you don't mess up my wet floor again?" I had choice words and actions I kept to myself. So I have no intention of setting foot in this establishment ever again. I know it is not typical of Motel 6, but I would rather stay in a drunk tank than here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Christopher, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.