See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Room was EXACTLY as expected. Cute, homey and plenty of room. Well stocked with all items you need. Bed, pillows and love seat were super comfortable. Short walk or drive to the beach. I could live here and will DEFINATELY stay again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Rented thru home away and realized after we arrived that advertisers left out a photo of the outside....large complex, no real views except for parking lot from our rear unit. Train tracks so near we can feel the vibrations and the whistle!!! How about when sleeping? Didn't look at the time, but had to be after midnight. Unit is tight, no place to stow things for a week's stay. Kitchen is adequate for coffee prep, but not much else. Weekend stay only IMHO. Beach is within walking distance and a few restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R R
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I stayed at Oak Shores in a down stairs studio (Q31) and the noise from upstairs tenant was AWFUL. It sounded like someone was dragging, rolling, dropping things on the floor CONSTANTLY...all times of day and night. It was so bad, I ended up breaking my lease which cost me a lot......I was penalized with paying 2 months rent and they kept my deposit..... the owner had NO consideration even after I informed them of the problem and a Drs. note.... but I had to get out of there.
Even turning the TV up loud and having the air on...did not drown out the awful non-stop noise. Reporting it did not help. It continued.
So just be aware if you rent a downstairs unit , you will have constant headaches and many sleepless nights .

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank LeeLee416
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

This unit faced the ocean which we could see across the highway. It is part of a complex of many buildings. Many people are actual tenants there. Our unit was on the far end. Plenty of parking but they FAIL to tell you until after you have signed your agreement and paid your money that you CAN'T have any kind of trailer! It comes later in your agreement which you assume is the same one you signed. Needless to say we were not happy to find this out until we had been there the morning of our second day. The complex manager was not very nice about the situation and didn't care that we had traveled with our motorcycle enclosed trailer. Fortunately our owner Glenn was able to find a place close by to park it at. Needless to say it made for a stressful morning figuring out what we were going to do!
The unit was OK. Needs to have the carpet upstairs cleaned or better yet removed. It has seen its better days. The unit also needs to have a facelift and make it look more like a beach retreat. Furniture is definitely old hotel furniture. We also learned to leave the kitchen lights in do that the water Bugs didn't come out to play! Gross! I know this is due to the area it is in but no one likes to see bugs scatter when you turn on the lights.
For the money this unit served our purpose for the week.
Two bedroom- 1 king bed and one queen. TVs in both bedrooms. Share a full bath, Jack and Jill style. Both bedrooms and laundry are upstairs. Full kitchen 1/2 bath and living/dining room downstairs. Pool right outside the front door. Back patio door needs to be replaced as you can only lock it using the drop down bar. This faces the beach and highway which are about a block away. You can tell that the hurricane years ago probably wiped out whatever was in front of it and then gave it full beach view.
Many restaurants close by walking or driving distance. Easy to find many casinos if you want also. We went and bought fresh caught shrimp right off the boats also.
All in all we had a good week. Probably wouldn't stay there again. As I said, it was a value for what we paid. We did meet a couple on the beach who had just moved in snd leased for a year a unit at the other end and was a paying a month what we did for a week!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I2329WFdian
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Two pools, right across from public beach. Great kitchen and very comfy! Great restaurants close by and easy access to ride your bike along the beach. I would stay again and recommend to friends and family. It is a short walk to beach and the tour bus comes right in front.

Date of stay: March 2017