“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 227 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

Very good food! A must stop if you are in the area, will defenetly eat on next visit to the area.

Jackson, MS
“Worse service ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had been previously with colleagues so when my partner asked where I could like to go when we spent the weekend in Biloxi, the Half Shell was my choice. I remembered the food as very good, and service as being spotty which at the time I put down to having gone with a large group. This time we had a 'reservation' for 8:30 Saturday night. We checked in and since it was crowded were ready to wait and spent our time standing and watching three hostesses ( ?) swirl around each other, lean on the check-in podium, and peek around corners. After 30 minutes, we checked again and were told we were next. We then watched a group of 4 get seated-okay they didn't want to waste a table for 4 on 2 people, understandable-but when a group of 3 young men who had arrived about 15 minutes prior were then seated we left. Went to Mary Mahoney's where even though we arrived at 9:30 were treated like we were the most important customers they had had all day and enjoyed a delicious, elegant meal with impeccable service. The food at Half Shell is good, but not good enough to put up with what appears to be either untrained or uninformed staff-at least at the front end.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patricia K
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were in town for a few days and I was wanting oysters. Hubby was watching the game so I decided to try this place (based upon the reviews here). It was crowded but since I was by myself, I sat at the bar. I had a half dozen oysters on the half shell and they were superb! I also had the oyster combo which was a dozen oysters (this time cooked) various ways...again, superb! I fully intend on returning while I'm here, taking hubby this time. A great atmosphere...great service, and excellent food!

• Visited March 2012
new jersey
“I DIdnt believe the reviews, and, boy, was i wrong”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

A fabulous building, with tasty flavorful food.....only one problem, all the food was warm at best, and cold at worst.
I had the flounder with crabmeat topping, the crabmeat was cold on a warm hunk of fish with tepid sauce.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank doc491002
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great atmosphere and great oysters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I got 36 oysters and ate them all! They were clean and prepared great. Also got the gumbo which was ok. Seafood pot pie had great taste but you don't get a lot. Atmosphere is awesome for a group of people. I would come here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!