See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been vacationing in Gulfport/Biloxi for over 65 years, often several times a year. I have stayed in barracks, roach motels, upscale motels, you name it and the Balmoral Inn is the best of the best! I wish we could have found it years earlier, as it is we have been staying there for almost 15 years and we LOVE it. It has great accommodations, close by the mall, the beach anywhere you wish to go. Has a sizable pool, full kitchen, 2 tvs and a homey atmosphere. Best of all are the owners, Mike and Deb! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We live in fear of Mike selling out and leaving us with choosing from what little is left. Trust me, you will NEVER find a more homey place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms at the Balmoral are terrific!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Facilities not really as described on website. Its got the basic ammenities for one quick nights sleep while on the go. thats what i needed, plus a kitchen. the facilities were REALLY run down and NEED to be refurbished. The kitchen was ok, but had old crusty cookware and the sponge from the previous occupants was still there to wash my dishes. the high traffic areas in the kitchen and bedroom were not wiped down, could see hand prints on the walls and doors. lots of dust and cobwebs on pictures and in closet. In the bathroom there was old rust stains from previous pipes or some kind of fix it job with old screws and patchwork.
On the plus side the location was great. there were lots of towels and clean bed sheets. It is walking distance to the beach and the mall!! very close to the colesium.

Room Tip: all floors on ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my family booked a weeks stay at the Balmoral Inn This Past week in July. We found this Inn on the net after looking at other places to stay in Biloxi. The Video seemed like this place for be great for a family of 3, one of which being a child who loves to swim. so we called and booked the room. The price wasn't bad at all, so thinking we had hit the jackpot we headed to biloxi and found this place, went to check in and gosh it wasn't at all what we thought we would be getting. The smell was so bad in the office, and getting into the room wasn't much better. old, torn carpet and chairs, couch bed was very old and hard to sleep on, the king size bed wasn't much better and to top it off the pool wasn't working on the Monday when we got there, it was dirty and had dead frogs in it. we where told it would be ready the next day, but it wasn't, our whole trip we never used that pool. we stay only bcuz we wouldn't have got out Money back, we ending up leaving a day early, all and all, I don't think we would be going back. It's Quite and close to the beach but the place needs work and people shouldn't show you one thing and you get another..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lsu g
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family and I travel to the Gulf several times a year. We have been repeat customers at the Balmoral for the past 3 years. It is a great place to take your family, because there is plenty of space in the rooms and it is close to the beach. The street that it sets on is away from thru traffic allowing for a quiet safe place for my wife and I and our kids. Mike is very informative to what is available to do locally and his laid back attitude makes you feel welcome. I would reccomend the Balmoral to anyone that is looking for a nice place to stay that is not your cookie cutter type of establishment. We plan on visiting again soon.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 4 different rooms and they are all fairly comparable, though room 1 felt a little larger.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Frances T
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were just passing through from Arkansas on our way to Florida . My husband had back surgery recently and needed to sleep in a recliner. Mike said unit 2 had two large overstuffed recliners!! Very comfy! We loved this little quiet inn! It's 1950's retro decor was fun and everything was very clean! Rooms were very spacious...even had a kitchen. Mike,the proprietor was super friendly, helpful and instantly likable! The inn is within walking distance to the beach and the mall. Short distance to casinos. If your looking for something different, fun,historical,quiet and friendly...be sure and check this unique inn out. PS. hubby slept perfectly!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple