“a perfect getaway close to New Orleans”
Review of Balmoral Inn

Balmoral Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biloxi
Balmoral Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Biloxi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

well, it's getting to be that time of year again; when my boys and I head out to Biloxi with the family dogs! It is always a pleasure to go to the Balmoral Inn and know that 3-4 days of peace and relaxation await me. I try to go every year around Labor Day weekend. The location is perfect. It is situated on the side of Edgewater Mall ( which is walking distance) and next to one of Mississippi's grand historic oaks. / The owner is always up for a chat and has free microwave popcorn for my boys. He is also pretty relaxed about early check ins and late check outs as long as it is available. In my two years of going there, he has met my request every time. The Inn is also walking distance to the beach. Because I go with children however, I choose to drive and it is a mere six blocks. We just pack up the car with all our gear and park in a bay across from Edgewater Mall at the "Biloxi Beach Co." From there our day consists of renting beach chair, umbrellas, floaties and jet skis. We have a wonderful time. It is so easy to just get back in the car when you have had enough sun and go back to our little "apartment" in the cool oaks. There is a fully equipped kitchen, however for traveling moms like myself that must cook family meals, be sure to bring your favorite basic cooking tools. Anything outside of salt and pepper you will have to buy or bring. I usually bring the basics and then hit the WalMart which again, is so convenient. It is on the other side of the mall and just about 10 blocks away. The Inn provides a covered gazebo and grill to use with tables. The grill works just fine and you are free to cook what you like and have friends over. Every year we have friends drive in from Picayune and they spend a day with us. The pool is beautifully situated under cool trees and despite many tree droppings, I have never seen the pool unsatisfactorily cleaned. The rooms/apartments are quite adequate though nothing fancy. We slept two adults and three kids comfortably. They do not charge for dogs, which is a super plus.The wifi service is good too, but I would recommend bringing an ethernet cable. If you don't have one, though the owner may have a spare for you. I love going to the Balmoral - it is stress free and easy with all my kids and the dogs!

Room Tip: Do not choose Unit 10, though I loved the corner position- the stove/oven did not work well. We had...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luvinblood

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been vacationing in Gulfport/Biloxi for over 65 years, often several times a year. I have stayed in barracks, roach motels, upscale motels, you name it and the Balmoral Inn is the best of the best! I wish we could have found it years earlier, as it is we have been staying there for almost 15 years and we LOVE it. It has great accommodations, close by the mall, the beach anywhere you wish to go. Has a sizable pool, full kitchen, 2 tvs and a homey atmosphere. Best of all are the owners, Mike and Deb! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We live in fear of Mike selling out and leaving us with choosing from what little is left. Trust me, you will NEVER find a more homey place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms at the Balmoral are terrific!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Facilities not really as described on website. Its got the basic ammenities for one quick nights sleep while on the go. thats what i needed, plus a kitchen. the facilities were REALLY run down and NEED to be refurbished. The kitchen was ok, but had old crusty cookware and the sponge from the previous occupants was still there to wash my dishes. the high traffic areas in the kitchen and bedroom were not wiped down, could see hand prints on the walls and doors. lots of dust and cobwebs on pictures and in closet. In the bathroom there was old rust stains from previous pipes or some kind of fix it job with old screws and patchwork.
On the plus side the location was great. there were lots of towels and clean bed sheets. It is walking distance to the beach and the mall!! very close to the colesium.

Room Tip: all floors on ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Me and my family booked a weeks stay at the Balmoral Inn This Past week in July. We found this Inn on the net after looking at other places to stay in Biloxi. The Video seemed like this place for be great for a family of 3, one of which being a child who loves to swim. so we called and booked the room. The price wasn't bad at all, so thinking we had hit the jackpot we headed to biloxi and found this place, went to check in and gosh it wasn't at all what we thought we would be getting. The smell was so bad in the office, and getting into the room wasn't much better. old, torn carpet and chairs, couch bed was very old and hard to sleep on, the king size bed wasn't much better and to top it off the pool wasn't working on the Monday when we got there, it was dirty and had dead frogs in it. we where told it would be ready the next day, but it wasn't, our whole trip we never used that pool. we stay only bcuz we wouldn't have got out Money back, we ending up leaving a day early, all and all, I don't think we would be going back. It's Quite and close to the beach but the place needs work and people shouldn't show you one thing and you get another..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lsu g
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My family and I travel to the Gulf several times a year. We have been repeat customers at the Balmoral for the past 3 years. It is a great place to take your family, because there is plenty of space in the rooms and it is close to the beach. The street that it sets on is away from thru traffic allowing for a quiet safe place for my wife and I and our kids. Mike is very informative to what is available to do locally and his laid back attitude makes you feel welcome. I would reccomend the Balmoral to anyone that is looking for a nice place to stay that is not your cookie cutter type of establishment. We plan on visiting again soon.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 4 different rooms and they are all fairly comparable, though room 1 felt a little...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Frances T
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We were just passing through from Arkansas on our way to Florida . My husband had back surgery recently and needed to sleep in a recliner. Mike said unit 2 had two large overstuffed recliners!! Very comfy! We loved this little quiet inn! It's 1950's retro decor was fun and everything was very clean! Rooms were very spacious...even had a kitchen. Mike,the proprietor was super friendly, helpful and instantly likable! The inn is within walking distance to the beach and the mall. Short distance to casinos. If your looking for something different, fun,historical,quiet and friendly...be sure and check this unique inn out. PS. hubby slept perfectly!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhapsody8000
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Recently we travelled from Ontario Canada to New Orleans and back. After New Orleans we stayed one night at the Balmoral Inn in Biloxi Mississippi. I researched this hotel and watched their website video prior to booking. It looked so 1950's, clean, simple and homey. Unfortunately upon check in I quickly realized that the promo video on the website was probably shot in the actual 1950's!! In actuality the place was run down, in need of repair with broken pool furniture, ripped lounge chairs and the dog show was in town!! So we had dog kennels set up right out front of our door and little "bags of dog poo" had been gathered off the lawn but left laying around everywhere. I had booked this hotel 4 months in advance and found it reall offputting when the proprietor of the property casually told us that "his dog show people come first" and that he "had bumped us 7 times from room to room to room to accomodate them.
Now, after saying all this, we had been on the go for a week and we spend the afternoon around the pool which was very clean and enjoyable.
The bottom line here is don't be fooled by the video you will watch for this property. It is NOT a reflection of what you will experience. The beach is within walking distance and the town of Biloxi is very interesting.
Don't miss the Frienship tree at the University of MIssissippi at Gulfport - it is truly amazing.
In a nutshell, the Balmoral will certainly suit your needs and kids will have fun in the pool. It is laid back and if the owner would do a little maintenance it could actually be as cute as the video portrays it to be.

Room Tip: They are all about the same I think. I it is not a high rise but a one level motel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple