See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We returned to the Balmoral Inn recently. It had been about 4 years since out last visit. There was a noticeable change in the up keep of the place but it still has the same home like, pet friendly & family oriented charm. Upon reading recent reviews I found a few people were disappointed with the condition of things. I Being a fellow Inn keeper & having a great love for this place brought my concerns to the owner. We had lovely chat & I understand he is in the process of getting a new maintenance person. In fact while we were there some painting was being done. Please be assured this is a perfect location to stay when visiting Biloxi!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gee2u
Reviewed August 3, 2014

well, it's getting to be that time of year again; when my boys and I head out to Biloxi with the family dogs! It is always a pleasure to go to the Balmoral Inn and know that 3-4 days of peace and relaxation await me. I try to go every year around Labor Day weekend. The location is perfect. It is situated on the side of Edgewater Mall ( which is walking distance) and next to one of Mississippi's grand historic oaks. / The owner is always up for a chat and has free microwave popcorn for my boys. He is also pretty relaxed about early check ins and late check outs as long as it is available. In my two years of going there, he has met my request every time. The Inn is also walking distance to the beach. Because I go with children however, I choose to drive and it is a mere six blocks. We just pack up the car with all our gear and park in a bay across from Edgewater Mall at the "Biloxi Beach Co." From there our day consists of renting beach chair, umbrellas, floaties and jet skis. We have a wonderful time. It is so easy to just get back in the car when you have had enough sun and go back to our little "apartment" in the cool oaks. There is a fully equipped kitchen, however for traveling moms like myself that must cook family meals, be sure to bring your favorite basic cooking tools. Anything outside of salt and pepper you will have to buy or bring. I usually bring the basics and then hit the WalMart which again, is so convenient. It is on the other side of the mall and just about 10 blocks away. The Inn provides a covered gazebo and grill to use with tables. The grill works just fine and you are free to cook what you like and have friends over. Every year we have friends drive in from Picayune and they spend a day with us. The pool is beautifully situated under cool trees and despite many tree droppings, I have never seen the pool unsatisfactorily cleaned. The rooms/apartments are quite adequate though nothing fancy. We slept two adults and three kids comfortably. They do not charge for dogs, which is a super plus.The wifi service is good too, but I would recommend bringing an ethernet cable. If you don't have one, though the owner may have a spare for you. I love going to the Balmoral - it is stress free and easy with all my kids and the dogs!

Room Tip: Do not choose Unit 10, though I loved the corner position- the stove/oven did not work well. We had Unit 9 I believe and the kitchen worked great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luvinblood
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been vacationing in Gulfport/Biloxi for over 65 years, often several times a year. I have stayed in barracks, roach motels, upscale motels, you name it and the Balmoral Inn is the best of the best! I wish we could have found it years earlier, as it is we have been staying there for almost 15 years and we LOVE it. It has great accommodations, close by the mall, the beach anywhere you wish to go. Has a sizable pool, full kitchen, 2 tvs and a homey atmosphere. Best of all are the owners, Mike and Deb! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We live in fear of Mike selling out and leaving us with choosing from what little is left. Trust me, you will NEVER find a more homey place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms at the Balmoral are terrific!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Facilities not really as described on website. Its got the basic ammenities for one quick nights sleep while on the go. thats what i needed, plus a kitchen. the facilities were REALLY run down and NEED to be refurbished. The kitchen was ok, but had old crusty cookware and the sponge from the previous occupants was still there to wash my dishes. the high traffic areas in the kitchen and bedroom were not wiped down, could see hand prints on the walls and doors. lots of dust and cobwebs on pictures and in closet. In the bathroom there was old rust stains from previous pipes or some kind of fix it job with old screws and patchwork.
On the plus side the location was great. there were lots of towels and clean bed sheets. It is walking distance to the beach and the mall!! very close to the colesium.

Room Tip: all floors on ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my family booked a weeks stay at the Balmoral Inn This Past week in July. We found this Inn on the net after looking at other places to stay in Biloxi. The Video seemed like this place for be great for a family of 3, one of which being a child who loves to swim. so we called and booked the room. The price wasn't bad at all, so thinking we had hit the jackpot we headed to biloxi and found this place, went to check in and gosh it wasn't at all what we thought we would be getting. The smell was so bad in the office, and getting into the room wasn't much better. old, torn carpet and chairs, couch bed was very old and hard to sleep on, the king size bed wasn't much better and to top it off the pool wasn't working on the Monday when we got there, it was dirty and had dead frogs in it. we where told it would be ready the next day, but it wasn't, our whole trip we never used that pool. we stay only bcuz we wouldn't have got out Money back, we ending up leaving a day early, all and all, I don't think we would be going back. It's Quite and close to the beach but the place needs work and people shouldn't show you one thing and you get another..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family