“Enjoyed our stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
The Woodlands, Texas
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Just returned from a five night stay at the Beau and enjoyed every minute of it. The food and service was excellent at B.R. Prime and Olives, the Coast could use some help as service was slow and food luke warm at the time it was served. Memphis Q was average but service again was great. We are not fans of Buffets so we didn't waist our time standing in long lines.

The Casino has a great selection of slots and table games but we didn't fare to well. The lobby is tastefully decorated with fresh flowers and the shops adequate but we didn't go there to shop.

Our entire stay was comped and all we paid for was tips in the restaurants so calculating all of that in I feel we broke even although we lost money on the slots. We are not high rollers and play the 25ct. slots and some $1.00 machines but do give them a decent amount of play, four to five hours a day at the maximun spin. Our Host, Mia Coursey is wonderful, very courteous and professional.

The entire staff was friendly and very accomodating. Here's a tip for those that complain about Valet parking. Instead of going to the main entrance there is a West Valet service that can be reached by entering the self parking garage. No lines to contend with and your car is ready to go in a few minutes.

This was our third trip from the Houston area this year and plan on returning again in the fall.

• Liked — good all around service
  • Disliked — one queen mattress not up to par
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank texbuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,135)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
mija95
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We attempted to make reservations for the night after arriving in Biloxi and having a look around.
One hotel attempted to book us into another town as they had nothing open in Biloxi. The Beau Rivage had rooms but I wanted to make sure I could get a lower level room so I was transferred to the front desk to make sure they had such a room. I was placed on hold and left there.
We decided to go in person and found the front desk inundated with guests waiting to check in. The lines moved quickly and we got a lower level room that was beautifully decorated with two very nice views of the gulf.
Everything was lovely.
The casino area was Vegas with a definite southern charm. The shopping areas were very nice too. It was cool to see a $10 shop next to the more high end stores.
We initially thought The Buffet was a bit pricey for dinner, but the food was both plentiful and tastey. Very impressive!
We returned for breakfast and found, again, an amazing variety of breakfast items and thought the price for breakfast was much more in line with our thinking.
The pool area was beautiful, not crowded and there were attendants on hand and ready to assist.
As I'm not a big gambler, I was not so impressed with the casino. It was crowded in the evening and I found a lot of smokers, especially cigar smokers walking about while smoking and that is a definite downer. This is not the Hotels fault though.
Overall I thought the Beau Rivage was very good ... still, it made me a little sad that the coastline has been built up with hotels and casinos and very little has been done to rebuild the beautiful old homes that were lost in the hurricane. On the other hand, who would want to rebuild across the street from a hotel and casino?

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Sheila H
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Rooms were nice enough; and I have to say, I liked our view of the land side of Biloxi. Bathroom was very nice with separate shower and tub. Crowded weekend and all the spa appointments were booked up. Pool bar is the pits; not nice at all. Pool area okay; but why don't they do something fabulous to it since Biloxi's beach water is so bad? There needs to be waterfalls, grottos, etc for the $249 a night I paid.

Computers were down that day; took forever to check in. It was ridiculous.

Liked all the shops; plenty to look at although the designer women's shop was terrible. Everything so flashy, kinda tacky. Loved the jewelry shop. Cartier watches (10% off) and Gucci watches. Penny Preville jewelry.
Some of the people staying there were just dismal; I guess I'm not into the Las Vegas trash vibe. I'm not impressed with the casino scene in Biloxi. There was this overweight / pregnant ? girl walking around in her bridal gown smoking cigarettes. We didn't win but my friend's hubby won $2K first night.....then promptly lost it next day!

I don't know where else you can stay, maybe B & B would be nicer.

Service people were nice, though. We liked the sushi bar and went dancing at the disco- liked it, cool big screen. Had a good band.

• Liked — the amount of shops, although I didn't see anything I wanted, except a Cartier watch!
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mobilemystic
Ga
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We have stayed at Beau Rivage twice and the first time was great!! We had a gorgeous suite and everyone was polite and friendly, everything was beautiful, the lobby was breathtaking almost but the second time around was not as great. We got just a regular king room and the whole night(we stayed 5 nights!) something horrible was going on!! There was a teen club at night down by the pool- it was very loud, the music was boom-boom and there was teenagers everywhere! Not to mention someone from the lobby called our room twice @ 4am saying that our luggage had been found when we hadn't lost any luggage at all! Once my BF told them that we didn't lose anything and not to call again, they called once more and woke us up again! Also the dealers were rude and had no sense of humor and they all acted like they were part of a sad cult or something, that if they smiled they would get fired!! If it wasn't for all of this I would love to stay there again just because it is so beautiful but looks can be deceiving! The rooms were very nice but what good are they if you can't sleep in them because of all the noise and calling staff??? We have stayed at Palace Casino which is about the cheapest hotel/casin in Biloxi and we had a much better stay at Palace than the 5 star rseort at Beau Rivage!

• Liked — The Rooms, Lobby & Buffet
  • Disliked — The Tiki Club at the pool!
  • Stayed July 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank karlaboo
Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I booked a gulfview for three nights two weeks before our arrival.
We arrived before 3pm like we were told to do,. The hotel clerk told us there were no gulfview rooms available, I explained how I had reservations and paid for this room already, She said it was just a request and first come first serve,

If that is the case, they should have told me to check in early in the morning instead of check in time. We were in Biloxi by 10am and could have checked in early,

Our room was nice, so the next night we finally got to our gulfview room, It was also nice. BUT, when we returned to our room Monday afternoon the maid asked why hadnt we checked out yet. I told her we had the room until tomorrow, The maid said no , she checked the frontdesk and they said you were leaving today.

I almost went through the roof, but I remained calmed went and asked the front desk what was going on, The girl at the front desk said, some VIP wanted your room so you have to move to another room, We ended up three floors up exact same room two doors over.
I asked the frontdesk what would have happened if we didnt come back until later that day or night or didnt return to our room, what were they going to do with our suitcases.
The front desk girl said ""I DONT KNOW""

So there was no settling in and feeling comfortable when you have to move everynight. Someone we talked to in the hotel was going through the same thing we were going through.

The food was good and I got comped for that because of the 1000's I lost at the casino in two days. The slots were tight, and the only time I found where they let you play for a little bit was around 6am and that was it. We didnt see anyone win any big money all the three days we were there.

You can walk down to tbe Hardrock, so that was good. Several people said they had a little luck there and everyone complained how tight the slots are at the Beau Rivage.

But adding we had to move everynight and had reservations way in advance is the reason I wont stay there again. Its expensive hotel to stay also over 270 a night.

• Liked — The soaking tub
  • Disliked — Being moved everynight and tight tight casino
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank KraZynTn
ATLANTA, GA
Reviewed 19 June 2008

It's was a girls retreat, just a getaway. Hotel was fabolous, great food, good casinos, and outstanding shops. Only stayed for one night, but definitely would visit again. Beds were very comfortable, and layout of room was nice. Hotel has everything you need and sits right on the beach. Was in town for Katt Williams comedy show and definitely had a blast. I would visit again in the near future.

• Liked — Location is great, hotel has everything you need from food, pool, casinos, shopping. Everything right at your fingertips.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Little Rock
Reviewed 19 June 2008

I had a conference at the Beau Rivage, and my husband and 14 month old son came along. I knew going in that this wasn't a really kid friendly place, but....

When we arrived, the valet gave us a ticket and asked if we needed help with the luggage, we said yes, he said no problem, go on in and check in. We did. They parked the car with our luggage still in it. It took over an hour to get the car back out and the luggage up to our room.

We had a long drive to get there, so while my son and I waited in the room for the luggage, my husband went to find food. A friend who was also there for the meeting said to try Coast, great shrimp po-boy. My husband was still in his travel clothes because we didn't yet have luggage. The host at Coast gave him the up and down look and TURNED HIS BACK. Now I understand a dress code, but all he wanted was takeout and a little common courtesy. That is pretty precious in the middle of a dirty casino in Mississippi.

And the room. . . .the view was ok, but it was not what I would call clean. The floor had obviously not been vaccuumed. My son found a pill on the floor!! I got it away from him quickly thank goodness, but still.

My husband encountered a women leaving the room next door saying something like, "thank you, have a good evening." I know it is everywhere, but we can't have a sandwich because we have on shorts and flops and there are hookers working here??

We requested a non-smoking room, and technicallly got it, but they don't have non-smoking floors. The guy across the hall smoked cigars up and down the hall and in his room. Every morning at 7 he fired one up, and walked down the hall sans shirt smoking it and deposited it in the ash tray by the elevators. Very nice indeed.

I didn't pick the place in the first place, but I won't be back unless it is for work again and even then I might stay next door at the Hard Rock. The waitresses over there were at least nice to me and my son.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business