2,467 results
All reviewsbubba gumpsmorton's steakhousemichael patricksbalcony roomisle of caprijunior suiteswim up barnice roomcrab legscasino hotelcasino floorget awayparking garageenjoyed my stayslot machinestable gamesocean springs
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Stayed this past week as a contestant in the Biloxi billfish event. I feel compelled to advise of some of the issues I experienced while staying at the Golden Nugget. First, the pro's: rooms were fine, everything is relatively easy to get to. Casino is good size, with what seems like ample amount of tables. Table minimums were also reasonable. Issues I experienced: Not sure this should be a negative, but there are many security personnel, around every corner. That's good, except it feels as though you are being interrogated visually everywhere you go. I take it they have lots of issues and are trying to minimize that, which I appreciate but seems like there would be a way not to make guests feel uncomfortable. You will have to carry an ID with your credit card and room key everywhere you go. Want a cup of coffee? Better have ID. Again, I take it this has more to do with the clientele and the area they are in, but pretty frustrating at times. Three times during the week, had room service blow into the room. Two times there was a courtesy knock immediately followed by entry into the room, not even time to get up and respond. Once, entry was made without a knock. Just heard the door handle turning. This is VERY uncool to say the least, and really should be disturbing. Pool was really nice and for sure a fun spot, but I just don't feel like I should have to argue for a towel. Trying to get a drink while at a table was next to impossible, you have to leave the table. For sure, I don't understand this. One morning the line for Starbucks was so long it bled into the casino, and while my wife and son stood in line security came up and told them no children were allowed in casino. Even if you are in a twenty person line. They were also asked to leave the casino as they were walking through the casino to meet me at the door to catch an uber to the airport, despite the fact there is no way to get from your room to the front pickup area without walking through the casino. I also found the folks working the craps tables combative, and just pretty downright mean. Just not good vibes on a craps table, despite that we keep the mood up and had the table going for a good run.

I assure you I am very easy going, but some of this was just a little much after a week of it. I certainly hope to return for next years event, but my expectations will be more in line. Not sure how you can overcome the room staff barging in, doors do not have chains. Next year I guess I will bring a board to prop up! Again, some of the issues probably come from the challenges they have with locals and clientele but they could use some work to make the overall experience better.

1  Thank GrahamTrucks
Management response:Responded August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We apologize that the level of service we strive to maintain has not been met. Your comments are valuable and have been forwarded to the appropriate department. Feel free to reach out with any further information by emailing gnbxguestservices@gnbxm.com. We hope that you choose to visit again.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We had an awesome time at the GN this past weekend... It was a little rough at check in, but we made it through..... My friend had reservations as well as I, so we went to check in at the same time to see if we could get same floor, etc... When I showed her my ID and she looked it up, her statement to me "You're VIP, you must to the the VIP check-in" .. She finished checking in my friend, we walked over to the VIP, and OMG!!! There was a line and moving extremely SLOW... After about a 30-45 min wait, it was my turn, told her I wanted a room with a balcony--she said what I requested was not available (2 queens w/balcony) I told her, it didn't have to be 2 queens, just give me what you have available with a balcony......... She said all she had was one with a Jacuzzi, I said that was fine as long as it had a balcony.... She said it had not been inspected yet, that all I needed to do is come back in 30 minutes and pick up keys.... Waited 45 minutes, went back to the VIP check-in, waited in line AGAIN 20-30 minutes this time, got keys, walked all the way down to end of hall (with luggage) went to room assigned, KEYS DON"T WORK..... heard someone in the room, so I knocked, and BOOM-someone was already in there!!! Lady answered the door and said "you're the one that wanted the balcony" we both laughed.... I turned around, walked back down the long hallway with my luggage, went back to VIP, right keys, but wrong room number was written down.... Went back up elevator, floor 14, walked down long hall way, went into room-------NO BALCONY!!!!!! OMG.... What the heck is going on!!! Why would I need to wait over an hour and half for a room to be inspected, blah-blah-blah- if it wasn't the right type of room????? Finally got my hostess and she was able to get my on the 9th floor with a BALCONY at 5:00 o'clock----- 2 HOURS after arriving, carrying luggage everywhere I went....... I was in a room with a BALCONY!!!!

2  Thank jilltalanebenson
Management response:Responded August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the room and location. We apologize that the level of service we strive to maintain has not been met. Your comments are valuable and have been forwarded to the appropriate department. Feel free to reach out with any further information by emailing gnbxguestservices@gnbxm.com. We hope that you choose to visit again.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We visit the Nugget 3-4 times per year. This weekend was our first trip since New year's and it just so happened to be the weekend of the billfish classic. Our hostess, Mrs. Kathy Mayfield, always takes care of us. We let her know we want to come and she takes care of everything. She always puts us in one of the best rooms she can, she knows I need a handicap room so I never have to ask (such a relief!). She also makes sure that if there are any "perks" available to us that we know about them.

Our room is always nice. This time we stayed in a junior suite with a plush king size bed that would just melt around your body. There was also a Jacuzzi in our room for either a romantic evening or to soak away the frustrations of a long weeks work. And of course our room being handicapped there was a large walk in shower. Room service is just a phone call away 24 hours a day and even on a busy weekend they can get your order up to your room very quickly.

The casino floor is always full of action. There is no shortage of new and exciting slots, there are three bars spread across two floors of gaming so there is no shortage of entertainment. Then when you move outside the H2O bar is poolside.

Now the restaurants... Buffet style, seafood, steaks, asian, coffee house. There really is no reason to leave the property. Any choice you make won't disappoint. If there were one blemish on the food this trip it would be that the crab legs are no longer AUCE. They are available but they are in addition to the buffet price. Hopefully they will be back on the bar soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your golden five star review. We really appreciate your loyalty and positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We come and stay every year for the Biloxi fishing tournament. This year was one for the record books, and I can't say that it was a good experience. We did find a dirty washcloth in the cabinet, the entry light was busted, and there were no protectors on the beds (only know this because we had friend staying down the hall and her bed was so nicely made while ours looked like a hot mess). The most disappointing thing was being locked in an elevator for an hour with 12 people. The lack of concern from the staff and desire to help us speak to someone about the situation was astounding. We were most upset that the fire department was obviously never called and 3 maintenance men were standing (without tools) outside when we finally could get the door open. Our entire night was ruined, and while I 100% get that things happen far outside many people's control, the continued passing of the buck when I approached the front desk about the situation that night and the next morning was very upsetting. It would have just been nice to not get excuses and be told I need to contact all these other people (not like they gave me an immediate contact name or number). The casino is great and the staff were very professional, but perhaps learning to communicate and make a bad situation one that can be forgotten would be great if this were to happen to any other guests.

1  Thank Brittany G

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Casino and rooms were nice but don’t go to pool and expect good service. Ordered a hot dog and it took 3 hours to receive. No exaggeration!! Went to speak to supervisor and was ignored by her as she stood right in front of me. Then asked to speak to higher up supervisor and that supervisor wouldn’t come down to speak to a few of us that were all having the same problem. Left note to be contacted and never received any contact from anyone. Will not stay again. Try Beau Rivage, much better customer service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends