“Wonderful family trip!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bruce B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful family trip!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had a great experience at The Cartbarn Inn! Eighteen members of my family, ages 1-80, gathered there for Thanksgiving and had one of our best family trips. It is the perfect place for a family reunion and Marc was very helpful about accommodating our "special needs".
We loved gathering on the porch, playing games in the yard, hitting golf balls at Yoda Creek, our day trip to Oxford, and more games and laughs. It is a time we will reflect on for years to come...we enjoyed every minute of our stay...thank you Marc!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
MsMarc, Manager at Cart Barn Inn @ Yoda Creek, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your comments. It was fun having your family here as everyone including me had a good time! We hope you will be able to come back to perhaps celebrate other birthdays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Coppell, Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I love staying at the Cart Barn Inn @ Yoda Creek. It is so relaxing to sit on the back porch and swing while watching the golfers or football on the flat screen. The rooms are huge, bigger than suites I have stayed in this past year and the beds, oh my. Mr. Paul says they are easy to get in and hard to get out of, boy is he right! I could have wasted my time away in that comfortable, snuggy bed with down comforters. The baths are elegant, unique sinks and decorations in each room, I love #5, The Safari Room I think it is called! Just beautiful! The food was excellent, a hot breakfast each morning, homecooked style just melts in your mouth. It is a wonderful place and I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Look at their website and you can see each room, choose a decor or color scheme you like (if it'...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Utah
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Cart Barn Inn was nice enough. I do think it's a bit over rated though. It seems everyone thinks it is the best B&B ever. For this area of Mississippi, it's top of the line, but for other areas...it's just a bit above average. Positives: the hosts were very nice, and room was really big. Negatives: It wasn't clean enough for my taste, and the food was not that great. Also, the heater was very noisy.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ferris98
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Loved our stay at the Cart Barn Inn. Granted it was a bit far for having to assist with move in at Ole Miss but the room was great as was breakfast and our hostess! She was great. Sent us on to a few ideas for some furniture into Bruce.

Love place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Plainwell
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I lived at the Cart Barn for 3 months while working in Bruce. Kay and Paul became family. They are the nicest people you will ever meet. The rooms are amazing like a small apartment. I had a GREAT time at the Cart Barn and plan on going back in the future. I can not say enough about the experience. If you are planning on staying in Oxford you will be making a mistake. Stay at the Cart Barn if you love personal service, great home cooked meals, clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere. Kay and Paul will treat you like family.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
ruston
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our stay so very much, the inn keepers Paul and Kay Tyler were wonderful and so welcoming. Shannon and I loved our rooms, the beds were so comfortable, the food was perfect, and everything was so convenient. We had access to fast internet, and the homemade breads and cookies were such a treat. Personally we can't wait till we come back to the Cart Barn Inn....
Shannon and Rachette Pardue

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
thibodaux
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I met Paul and Kay at the La/Miss Bed and Breakfast Conference held in New Orleans last year. This past August, a few days before Hurricane Gustav hit, I recieved a phone call from the couple. They had rooms available for my family so that we could evacuate to safety. Paul and Kay not only took in my husband and I, but also our children and their families for nearly a week. The spacious rooms easily accomodated our 5 families, making our stay quiet and comfortable. The fishing pond, walking trail, and golf course kept everyone calm and relaxed as the hurricane passed. The couple displayed wonderful hospitality and treated us like family. Their thoughtfulness during our time of need is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing Paul and Kay again at the upcoming conference in Mississippi.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family

Been to Cart Barn Inn @ Yoda Creek? Share your experiences!