La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$63
Hotels.com
US$109
US$97
Hampton.com
Econo Lodge(Canton)
US$61
US$82
Best Western Canton Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$165
US$131
GardenInn.com
US$104
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbest ratestay at this hotel againfree breakfastwafflessafe arealarge bathroomvery nice hotelgood nights sleepoff the highwayhot breakfastbiscuitsdefinitely stay here againstaff was very friendlypleasant stayfront desk staffroom was clean and comfortableconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Were do I start. We pulled up to a fairly new nice looking hotel to see very tall weeds though out the lawn and lots of dead bushes. Not to appealing to begin with. The front doors were open and no air conditioner on in the lobby and I believe the lights were not all on either. Our ADA room was clean. The bed was a little lumpy which surprised me for such a new hotel. The pillows were also really CHEAP. I'm glad we travel with ours. The towels were not the usual La Quinta towels. They were also cheap and did not match. The shampoo in the bathroom left for use to used was half used! Not a good nights sleep the thermostat to regulate the heat in the room was not working properly.
When we came down for breakfast at 8:30am I notice that when we came into the breakfast room the lights were turned on as we entered the room. The only other person in the room was an employee eating before going to work. The gravy in the crock pot was very empty and no attempt to refill or check on it the entire time were in there eating. There was no yogurt either.
The owners or managers did say hello but not friendly at all. The whole experience was just WEIRD! Will take this La Quinta off our list of places to stay when traveling to the coast.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanaMissouri
lqinnandsuitescanton, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Guest,

• Grounds maintenance received additional training in properly maintaining their presentation.

• The owners and managers received additional training in making our valued guests feel welcome and wanted.

• Housekeeping received additional training in properly supplying the room before having it released for new occupants.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a proper presentation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Please do not stay at this hotel the owner was rude and horrid! PLEASE CHECK YOUR BEDDING! As their was blood stains and other "disgusting bodily fluids" smeared across the mattress. I literally almost threw up! We were in a suite and I had rather my children sleep on the floor than here. I complained to the owner and he could have cared less, he promised to call me to make ammends instead he avoided me! Please don't support this establishment. He has great employees but he as an owner has no idea what it means to treat customers well....AVOID THIS STOP!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CarolinaTravelGal

Dear Guest,

• The owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

A very good place to stop for the night while traveling through on way to Mississippi Gulf Coast with family and small children. Front desk staff very friendly & helpful. Quick & easy check in for 3 rooms. He went to the effort of putting us close together without asking and recommended a local restaurant. Rooms were clean and spacious, overall very nice. Microwave & fridge in each. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom large and clean with nice shower\tub. The pool is small, but nice enough for the kids after a long day on the road. Breakfast was your basic continental choices. They did have a waffle maker. There is also a Mc Donald's approx. 1 mile down road. The hotel is located off interstate exit with many other hotels as well. The room rate was much less than traveling on toward Jackson, MS. Would not hesitate to stay at this location again!

Room Tip: hotwire.com saved us $12.00 per room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank angiRN
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I go to Canton every October for the Flea Market/Craft Show and have stayed in several of the hotels on Soldier Colony Road. This year I made reservations several months in advance. When I called the hotel and asked the rate it was $20 more than all the other hotels on that road...I ask why it was more and the girl on the phone graciously offered the room for $20 less. I was excited we were staying in the newest hotel. When we arrived the man at the front desk was talking on his cell phone and took several calls while he was checking us in and never apoligized. He told me the room was the original price quoted to me and when I tried to explain to him that that price was not the price given he was very rude and argumentative and told me that I had four people in my room and he could charge me $40 more for the room because I had four people in my party and they charge per person so I could take the room for what he said or he would charge me the extra per person even though there is nothing on their website about being charged per person and the girl making the reservation did not tell me I had to pay anything extra per person. He was very rude and there was no arguing with him...we were stuck since all hotels in the area were booked. The hotel was very nice but we will never stay there again because you can't trust what they say about prices and the man at the front desk (In case you missed it) was very rude. Next year we're going back to the Holdiday Inn Express across the street. One more thing....walls are very thin...heard everything going on in the room next to us and conversation in the hallway. :(

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank shoppergirl62

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton for your recent stay in our area. I hope you had a wonderful time at the Flea Market/Craft Show.

• Management was approached about a system being set up so that registrations would be properly registered.

• The girl who made your registration received our commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guest.

• The man at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

Stayed here 3 nights for a softball tournament with my wife. I ding it on location because it is between the interstate and a VERY scary neighborhood, so lock up your stuff in your trunk. The cleanliness issue arose when our teammate's mom checked into her room. When she pulled down the covers, it was very obvious that someone had sex on the sheets multiple times. When they moved her to another room, she found the same thing again. In addition, they recently had the bathrooms redone and had not washed any of the drywall chalk and dust off. I ended up with white chalk on my clothes from sitting on the edge of the tub.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaltwaterTom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton for your recent stay in our area. I hope you and your wife had a wonderful time at the softball tournament.

• Maintenance was informed of the drywall chalk and dust left in the bathroom and instructed to see to it that the job is finished.

• Management was approached about setting up a security system that would make our valued guests feel and be safer.