“Great hotel considering the area”
Review of Hampton Inn Canton

Hampton Inn Canton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Well, my work send me often to Canton and Jackson area for meetings/workshops and I am going to tell you something, in Canton, this was the best stay I had so far. Clean, Hampton Beds, extremely comfortable, full of fluffy pillows, breakfast as another reviewer said, not the best of all, most continental, not many hot options to choose from, but staff was extremely friendly and I don't know how, but the price they quoted me online, when I got there was even lower! Of course I loved it!!!
Would definetely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2008

I am complete floored by the lack of compassion and customer service of this hotel for their customers. My family and I evacuated our home for the hurricane. I called the hotel before we left home to see if they had availability for us. The clerk told me there was a room available and quoted me a price of 79.00. I then received 3 different emails and different times with 3 confirmations of different rates. I explain to the clerk that we were driving from Louisiana and didn't know what time we would arrive considering the traffic situation. After driving in traffic almost 7 hours of bumper to bumper traffic we arrived at the hotel to find out that we didn't have a room because he said that i called the night before and that i would have to pay an additional price for my 4 hour stay. We arrived at the hotel at 6 a.m. and wanted to only sleep until check out and they basically told me no. That if we stayed they would have to charge me another full night rate. Which he already charged my card when i originally called him. So I paid for a room that was not available to me and my children. I then asked to speak to a manager and the owner of the hotel came to talk to me and I explained the situation to me. He basically looked at me and my face and told the clerk, you know the rules and walked away. They left me in a very bad situation having to continue my drive to Memphis completely exhausted with my children in the car. I would NEVER stay at this location and plan to take action on reporting this to BBB, corporate office and state dept for price gouging.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Our room had four problems...Free wireless worked only on the first floor (we were on the third), room was dusty, door to closet had been removed (therefore no mirror,) and when the hot water was turned on it made a terrible loud vibration noise which could be heard from a great distance.
We complained and were moved to a room on the first floor. Same hot water noise, but the other problems were taken care of. We did, however have to share our room with some beetle-like bugs. Some standard breakfast items we normally find in Hamptons were missing.
Staff was helpful.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank qwerttt
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I was in town for a conference and chose the Hampton Inn based on its reputation and was not disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable, I always inspect the carpets and bathroom in hotels before I unpack and both were clean. The breakfast area, when I was down there (6:30 AM on Friday and Saturday) was quiet, only a few others were there, and the breakfast was actually good. If I had a complaint it would be the workout room was small, typical of most hotels, tread mill, stationary bike, and stepping machine, since I was the only one using the equipment it wasn't bad. The staff was top notch, polite and helpful, and I will be staying there again next year when I return for another conference.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2007

I had to go to Canton for a training class for work. The front desk clerk was in training and was very sweet. Her supervisor was very helpful in suggesting a couple of good places to go eat. I cannot tell you how wonderful the beds were! Pillow top mattress and a down comforter. Each bed had three pillows on it (I had a double queen room) and a neck pillow. I had the hardest time getting out of bed the next day. The only downside that we experienced was the breakfast. The only hot items that they had were french toast sticks and sausage. The rest were pretty much standard continental items. Overall, I had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2006

On our return trip home we were not sure of the route we would take so we did not make reservations in advance. We called the Hampton Inn & were told they had 2 smoking rooms available. Once we arrived at the Hampton Inn the clerk at the front desk offered to let us check out the rooms since we all were non- smokers. The rooms were just fine! We appreciated how hospitable the front desk clerk was by not only offering to let us check out the rooms but also she made the effort to give us rooms next door to each other. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, & the pool area was well kept. The breakfast was a nice surprise! Biscuits & gravy, eggs, cereal, fruit, danish, yogurt, muffins, & beverages. We all had something different & everyone thought what they ate was good. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 7 June 2004

I drove from Dallas to Tupelo and this is where I ended up stopping for the night before finishing the drive to Tupelo the next day. Since I didn't have a reservation they were able to get me into a great room. This is a standard Hampton Inn style hotel, nice lobby, great breakfast bar which included hot eggs and sausage. The room was clean, big, non-smoking, as I requested, and all for $64.00 (with AAA discount.) The front desk was extremely nice and was able to point me to nearby attractions the next day (the County Seat of Canton has an old Courthouse and many movies have been shot in the town square). I was happy that I stayed here (on the outskirts of the big city of Jackson, MS) as when I drove the rest of the way to Tupelo the next day I realized this was the last hotel for miles. I picked up a Hampton Inn directory and it said that this hotel just opened in the 1st quarter of 2004 and I believe it because it was so nice & clean. There are 4 or 5 hotels jumbled together along with this hotel on I-55 (BW, HI Express etc), but as usual the Hampton Inn did not disappoint.

6  Thank GoingFunPlaces
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
0.2 km away
24.1 km away
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hampton Inn Canton? Share your experiences!